We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Sheraton or Westin

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
288 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Sheraton or Westin

Just curious - the lowest rates I've found for the Maui Sheraton and the Westin for July are $258 and $273. Anyone find better?

Thanks

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

Well those are lower than the rack rates! You are booking a very busy time. We prefer the Sheraton over the Westin because of the expansive lawns and general service. However the Westin is lovely too and right next door to Whaler's Village, with fancier pools.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

Forgot to mention...join Starwood (free) and then pray for an upgrade! That time of year it's not guarenteed but doesn't hurt! We usually go from island view to ocean view.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

take that Sheraton deal you lucky duck. I haven't comparison shopped in awhile, but sound good to me.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
288 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

kelfish, you could get that rate. I just got it from the Starwood site. Give it a try! Good luck!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

Can't really tell without know the room type ... view.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
288 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

It was just a garden view room. We aren't in the room much anyway but we like the resort.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

That's a decent rate for the Sheraton - and a pretty common one.

I don't recommend the Westin Resort at all.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
288 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

Why wouldn't recommend the Westin?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

The Westin is our favorite hotel-been there over ten times-the other one on Kaanapali we like is, the Hyatt, the Westin has a better location. The Westin has several pools, a children's pool, adults only jacuzzi, and next door to the Whaler's Village-however, you cannot go wrong with either one-good luck.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,466 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Sheraton or Westin

I also like the Sheraton better than the Westin, I'll never go back there again, I'll be at the Hyatt or the Sheraton if I stay at Ka'anapali or the Napili Kai for West Maui. A follow on bad stay at the Westin Bonaventure put me off the brand for good.

I paid a lot for two rooms that were ocean view and that put me on an alley overlooking Whalers Village and we got to hear the garbage trucks and delivery trucks every morning at 6AM.

The staff at the Westin I found indifferent, not rude, just like they were putting in their time to get paid, no one went an inch out of their way to say hello, good morning or be pleasant.

I also like the grounds at the Sheraton and the beach.