We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

Aloha,Oregon ( Near...
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

Ok I am a a deal/coupon junkie and I love to share my finds when I come across them. So if you have any tips on deals or great coupons and where to get them. post a reply here.. ( I know about the maui magazines at the airport already..) I think that by sharing the info we can all benefit :) It can be anything from the sunscreen you must have and where to buy it.. to your favorite drink deal..what ever.. I know that some of this info is scattered about this site but I am going crazy with reviews etc.. I have been spending about 4 hours a day on this site.. ha ha :)

Northern California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

I am also addicted to find the best deal and I am embarrased to say very competitive about it as well.

My two week maui trip so far

round trip San Jose to Maui on Hawaiian 390.00

Rental Car, priceline, 258.00 (full size)

3 br Condo with oceanview in Kaanapali 1560.00

antioch
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

countrycoffehouse ,4 hours a day on TA.........?? whats a matter with you???

6 hours is the generally accepted norm!

shame,shame,shame....

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

yeah, i'm w/ donboy. i'm addicted.

Aloha,Oregon ( Near...
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

lol.. don.. I do have 4 kids and go to college full time and I volunteer a ton..lol but I do spend more time on here..today I am at about 4 hours already and I have not even hit the after dinner time :)

$318 air RT portland to maui

$99/ night for 2 bedroom ocean front Nohanni condo

$264 mini van ( yuck I know) for a week

and I scored 3 free plane tickets.. so I only had to buy 3 :)

But I want to know about the island deals and best to go when and buy it here tips :)

Bend, Oregon
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

I hear ya sister!

We are heading to Maui in 2 and a half weeks and I'm all over the TA and all over the DEALS. Odd tip...look for things in unexpected places...

You mentioned sunscreen. I was at Ross today looking for beach towels, etc and came across CHEAP sunscreen: 10 and 12 oz bottle of Banana Boat Sport for $2.99. These same bottles are $6-$7 at grocery/drug stores. I snatched them up as well as a 2 person beach towel/blanket for $9.99 and a $72 bikini for $7.99. I also hear that Costco has a good selection of sunscreen right now (but you'll have to buy a boat load of it).

My advice is to do a little searching. If you have the patience and time, I guarantee you will save lots of money at places like Ross, TJ Maxx, Nordstorm Rack, etc.

Good luck and I'll be waiting for other replies too!

PA
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

Another Priceline score! Via "name your own price" Full size rental for 1 week at $9 a day.

Airfare- Free! Thanks to hubby's company!

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

ok, i've seriously got to get my hubby a job where they send you to maui.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

Airfare: Sacramento to Maui (Hawaiian Air ) $411.00 pp

Kapalua Ridge Villa, $980.00 for 8 nights *** INCLUDING TAX, AND CLEANING, AND NO DAMAGE DEPOSIT!!

Sebring Convertible: Priceline $20.00 a day!!

I'm pretty proud too!

Aloha,Oregon ( Near...
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

great tip on the sunscreen :) But we are carry on only people x6 so I plan to stop and grab those kinds of things :) I heard of a maui brand that is supposed to be amazing? We will only check 1 bag and it will be full of food mostly.. lol.. 4 kids eat a ton.. and I am bringing cereal and snacks from home.. I plan to buy fresh fish at the farmers market and do hamburger/hot dogs..and more fresh fish! We will eat LOTs of fresh fruit and veggies from the farmers market.. I will buy local as much as possible.. Safeway really doesn't need my money.. so I will avoid it if I can :) Wish that there was a trader Joes in maui? We will put the extra things we buy in the suitcase on the way back.. unless we forgo it all together.. $25 fee for it so it must make up for it in savings or we are carry on only for sure :)

NJ
Level Contributor
195 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We found the best deal at or for? Or this is the best _____

Traded in miles for one free flight, so 2 of us are going for 840.00, from New Jersey.

Car rental booked back in August (thanks to all the DE's suggestions to reserve a rental and keep trying. Price I received was 299.03 for a convertible for 9 days.

Going 2 days early before our scheduled 7 day reservation at Westin KORV. For the two days we are staying at the Royal Lahaina, Ocean View room in the towers for 149.00 a night. There was a two day 1/2 price special a couple of months ago that I grabbed.

We're arriving on Friday night, so on Saturday morning we are hitting the Swap Meet to stock up on fruits and veggies for the week. That will save us a good amount of money.