We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Tacos

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maui Tacos

Where is the closest one to the Mahana? Is it worth a visit or find someplace else? Do they have good fish tacos?

jc

California
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Tacos

It's in the Napili Shopping center just up the road. The fish taco's are good but nothing to write home about.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Tacos

Maui Tacos is good for being reduced fat.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Tacos

Fantastic fish tacos at the new Coconuts fish Cafe alot of fish and yummy fresh mango salsa France's coleslaw and more..two for $10..but you will have to drive..it's in Kihei in the Azeka Center...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Tacos

Not impressesed at ALL with Maui Tacos ... either on Maui or the Mainland. We had a local Maui Tacos (here where I live) and it was pretty bad. Went out of business rather quickly. I like the fish tacos at Hula Grill (outdoors) ... but there are many other places that folks recommend.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Tacos

Try Milagros in Paia.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Tacos

You could go into Lahaina and find the Cilantro Fresh Grill, located on a side street behind McDonalds. Excellent food that is very fresh and real.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Tacos

Les - Has Cilantros changed its menu? We were there a few years ago. Way over-priced (are their tortilla chips boiled in gold or something?) -- and way to heavy on the cayenne in the sauce. Didn't taste Mexican to me ...

If they have a new menu and owner -- great ... I'd like to hear more.

8. Re: Maui Tacos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 18:26
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,978 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Tacos

Aloha,

JC, try the Fish Market right up the street. Way better than the others mentioned, IMO. It's in the same strip as the Honokawai Okazuya.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Tacos

I definitely agree with swmarket! Last trip, we must have hit the Fish Market 4 or 5 times. 3 tacos for $10 and they also have $1 oyster shooters and excellent made-to-order ahi poke.