We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

Warmland Vancouver...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

Last yr our family made their first trip to Maui staying in Kihei in a condo. We would like to return but would like to find accom. with a free breakfast buffet........I do not want to spend time in the kitchen ! Even though I was on holidays we spent 3 different times shopping for groceries, unpacking them, cooking, cleaning up, loading the dishwasher, unloading the dishwasher, etc........ you get my drift !

When we stayed on the Big Island we stayed at an Outrigger that included a buffet breakfast it was good and the kids thought it was great. Then we were off on an adventures with our bellies full so we just picked up snack food and went out for dinner. Our perfect vacation Any thoughts or recomm. we would appreciate.

Thanks, Tina

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,545 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

When you make your reservations - see if they have a breakfast option. Depending on the time of the year ... and what promotion you are looking at ... you should be able to find something. Often AAA has an offer.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

Hi there,

Noticed that both the Westin and the Hyatt on Maui are offering a "breakfast buffet included" in their current packages online. You should also check www.greathawaiianvacations.com, they always offer a good package deal with either breakfast, rental car, free upgrade, etc.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

Hi there,

Noticed that both the Westin and the Hyatt on Maui are offering a "breakfast buffet included" in their current packages online. You should also check www.greathawaiianvacations.com, they always offer a good package deal with either breakfast, rental car, free upgrade, etc.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
507 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

The Makena Beach Resort offers packages which include breakfast. Check out their web site:

www.makenaresortmaui.com

California
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

And beleave me, none of these are free. The cost is there someplace!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,545 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

'Tis true, Clint!

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

I am with you on this one - getting a good breakfast sets you up for a strong day and most are so generous that you can skip lunch. It's your vacation too, cooking not on my agenda.

Most hotels do offer it, if not all the time, at least most and sometimes it will cost - others not. When hotel shopping, it pays to sign up for those memberships. Starwood or Hyatt, Marriott offer discounts and special offers to members. If there is a restaurant on the property that serves breakfast then odds are there is an offer for breakfast included somewhere.

Sometimes you will see the cost difference when prices are posted - sometimes not. If you don't see what you like on a website, then the ol telephone works to find out about such things.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,545 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

Perhaps someone has already said this -- but if you buy your flight/hotel/car through a package like Pleasant Holidays, Classic Hawaii or United Airlines -- a breakfast option is often included at a low price. Yes, most of the resort have a massive buffet that will fill you up. I like the idea of rolling out of bed and off to breakfast!

One more thing ... keep your eyes open for small print. Some breakfast offers are good for everyone in the room ... but some are only good for TWO people.

Edited: 06 April 2010, 20:54
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,099 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

Aloha,

BL raised a really good flag-do read that fine print.

The Hyatt and Kaanapali Beach Hotel also offer breakfast packages. KBH will probably be the least expensive on the West side.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any hotels on Maui offer free breakfast buffet ?

I have stayed at Hyatt and Westin Resorts-they both have packages with buffet breakfast-my personal preference is the Hyatt-is much much better, both quality and, choice-but they are both good. If you have AAA membership, you can choose w/wo bre4akfast-good luck