We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koa Wood Jewelry

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Koa Wood Jewelry

Aloha :)

I have a beautiful koa wood carved bracelet that I wear a lot. I'd love to find a ring to match. Does anyone know of a place that has wood jewelry?

Mahalo :)

jc

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,531 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Aloha,

JC, wander through Maui Hands at any of their locations. Also, hit Martin and MacArthur and Totally Hawaiian Gifts in Whaler's Village. They will all have some really nice wood items.......and don't forget a nice Koa Jewelry chest to store it all in, LOL!

The artists these places buy from are responsible and used properly harvested and seasoned Koa. A good tree can be worth thousands of dollars; the Baldwin family and others Upcountry have had problems for years with illegal tree cutting. Green wood can also warp or split after time/change of climate.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Thanks sw ~ I will be sure to check these stores. I'll also be checking on the BI, but in the event I don't find anything there, it's nice to know there are places on Maui to check as well.

I was fortunate enough to find a beautiful bracelet on the mainland. I went to a Hula Competition, similar to the Merrie Monarch Festival "only without the flowers" as someone told me. A vendor had these lovely bracelets and then he'd carve/burn your name onto the bracelet. I went back the next year to buy one for my friend as she'd been eyeing mine all year! Now I'm thinking a ring would look beautiful with the bracelet.

jc

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,531 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Aloha,

JC, you're welcome. Your post is nice.....because of the memories that live with the bracelet. Hope you find the perfect ring to add to your collection(s).

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

JC, you're welcome. Your post is nice.....because of the memories that live with the bracelet. Hope you find the perfect ring to add to your collection(s).

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mahalo SW :)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Jc...pardon me if I answered this before..but the most gorgeous collection of Koa art I have seen on any island is at the Wiapio Valley Artworks on the Big Island...sw nailed what's available on Maui. Hard to beat Martin and MacArthur...some day I WILL own that Koa bed! Do only shop with reputible shops...there is a lot of "fake" stuff out there! Just a note!

Worcester, Ma
Level Contributor
35 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Having just returned from Maui I can tell you we found some great Koa wood pieces at Totally Hawaiian in Whalers Village in Lahaina. We also found a local carver at a fair on Front St under the huge banyan tree and he had some koa wood pieces that were well made

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,531 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Aloha,

Mamma, which one of these is Santa bringing you this Christmas?

See: martinandmacarthur.com/store/…beds

JC, I don't see rings shown......but there are some lovely pendants.

See: martinandmacarthur.com/store/product/jewelry

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

I'll take the top left bed that is $0.0!!!! :-)

Mamma, I am with you, I LOVE the beautiful Koa wood furniture there!!

SW, if you or Nick have a hotline to Santa, could you please put in a good word for Mamma and me?? :-)

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,531 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Well, I may only get coal.........but Nick always gets lots-I'll ask him to check for ya!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koa Wood Jewelry

Actually the the I one drooled over and Hubbie said "are you just nuts" is not on the site...$17,000, I have great taste! Hey! I operate on dreams!