We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Costa Mesa, CA
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Aloha,

Oh, gosh, another question. Best places to pick up that occasional bottle of wine and requisite rum.

Want to keep the shopping in W. Maui.

And, are there wineries offering tours you'd recommend for those two days that we check out the rest of da island?

My advance mahalo's.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Those libations can be found at every grocery store, drugstore, ABC store - etc, so you are in luck! Prices vary and will be a bit more than you pay at home - still less than those by the glass rates. Safeway, Longs Drugstore, Foodland, etc...

There is only one winery - Tedeschi, it's a really beautiful spot up in the hills and worth a visit. The grounds are beautiful, the air crisp, definitely take a look.

There are tours that head that way, up near Kula. http://mauiwine.com/

Yes, you can find their wines at all the above mentioned stores.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Longs will probably be the cheapest for hard liquor. It's in the Cannery Mall. K-Mart sells the cheapest Tedeschi wine on the island. Even cheaper than at the winery itself!!

Costa Mesa, CA
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Aloha Folks,

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an unknown place to check out...for great buys on W. side o' Maui.(les)

Only one winery, darn. Will check out their daze and hrs.(msf)

Mahalo's.

Costa Mesa, CA
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

There's a Longs on Maui? (msf) Wow. Things really have changed.

As we'll be doing some lanai sipping thanks to promised kitchen in studio/condo, it's nice to know the "spirits" will be close by.

Are there hours when spirits are not for sale at the markets or 24 hr Safeway? A curiosity question, more than anything else, but would love to have champagne (20th anniversary) on first night. By the time we reach CanneryMall, at the earliest it'll be11:30P.

Your advice is much appreciated. Mahalo.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

We bought wine at both Longs & ABC. There wasn't much price difference but Long's had a much larger selection. We were surprised to find the wine prices were very reasonable - about the same as in Ohio!

I don't know about the 24 hr. question but we were able to buy wine on Sunday.

We did lots of lanai sipping too! Best part of each day.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

If I remember correctly Safeway in Cannery Mall is a 24 hr store, Champagne is available for your celebration!

Costa Mesa, CA
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Aloha my friends....

Sopr: Nice to know that spirits are affordable w/out hauling back to Kahului.

Mam: I bet you're totally tired of reading about dix's "special day." But, where there's a 24 hr Safeway, there will be a will and a way.

In tequila marinated, deNile CA, the shops stop selling alcoholic beverages after a certain time...midnight? Had to ask da question re: Hawaii's spirits and da law.

I am soo looking forward to breathing Maui air, lanai sipping and paying respects to my favorite portion of the Pacific Ocean.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

Actually Dix, "special" days and trips are why I keep hanging here! It ain't for the paycheck! There are some amazing folks on this forum..good friends I have never met!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

The winery was nice; however I was a bit surprised that you couldn't buy more samples or a glass of wine. You get like 2-4 free samples. (I think 4).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
334 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: West Maui spirits/Winery tour(s)

We went to the winery. In my opinion the drive was interesting, but the wine was not worth buying. Much better wine for much cheaper at any store in any of the towns.