We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

We just booked our airline tickets (taking advantage of the rates on Alaskan from Portland, OR and our airline mileage) for 10 nights in January 2011! I can't wait. This will be our 3rd trip and our son's (age 10 when we go) 1st time! One of the hardest things will be trying to wait until Christmas to tell him that he gets to go with us this time. So looking forward to our first Maui family vacation together!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Aloha! happy for you and understand the anticipation......mine is in October 2010.

I usually start anticipating the next time as soon as I get back from the last one........

wenshez

Chicago
Level Contributor
549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Its going to be hard to keep quiet on that one for 7 more months!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Yeah, I know. I want to tell him (our son) right now!!! :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

I know your excitement. I'm excited about going to Maui and I used to live there!! Have a great time and good luck on being quiet!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

My daughter did the same thing and it nearly killed her! Hang in there!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,754 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Do you have some brochures about where you'll be staying and activities you have planned? You could wrap it all up with some swim gear to put under the Christmas tree.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Thanks guys! ChiSue: great idea! Yeah, we are planning on having the last gift Christmas morning be the announcement. Trying to figure what to do for that. Great idea. I will keep that in mind. The only other one we have really thought about so far (obviously we have tons of time to figure it out) is getting a map and marking Washington State with "you are here" and then have an arrow with a note in Hawaii saying something like "you will be here in 20 days." (We always count down our vacations often times months in advance)!

California
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

What a great gift. Your son will be so excited! Time to count down the days....

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

Yes, he will be so excited. I can't wait to see the look on his face and his reaction. We might move the annoucement to his birthday in September. I just don't think I'll be able to wait until Christmas, plus I know that he'll enjoy the countdown too.

iowa
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yeah!!! Just booked for January 2011! I am SO excited!

we are booked for Maui in Jan 2011 also staying at the Lahiana Shores we stayed there in 2008 and its a very nice place and close to everything. cant wait til the snow flys here and we are there