We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Were here.. :)

Aloha,Oregon ( Near...
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Were here.. :)

So we had a great flight from PDX, Costco was .. well costco.. boring! Headed to our condo.. walked in through the front door and our mouths dropped with the view of the ocean right outside our sliding glass door.. kids hit the beach/pool.. and saw 7 turtles in the first 10 min.. the hubby and 16 yr old went out and swam near them ( safe distance) and had a blast.. we were only in Maui 2 hrs and already seeing turtles ... the little kids watched them from the beach and they were only about 30 feet away... apparently they come in every evening :) YEAH.. so long paying $$$$ for a trip to Turtle town :)

I am leaving for the farmers market in 30 min to grab some yummy fruit :) Then were heading to Honalua bay.. then the blow hole.. and back to the beach for the rest of the day.. watching the torch lighting thingy at black rock.. and doing happy hour at the hula grill with a trip advisor friend we are meeting for the first times... I so do not want to ever leave... Dear Lord can I PLEASE move to Maui?

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Were here.. :)

where are you staying? will you take lots of pics? i am in the market for a condo on our next trip! thanks!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Were here.. :)

Oh Me...Oh My...the Maui bug has bit hard and fast. Have the others been infected yet????

Turtles as soon as that..wow..Yep the Maui bug saw you coming...the turtles were sent.

Victoria-British...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Were here.. :)

Ah, yes,Paradise.Enjoy while you can.Sounds like you are off to a great start.Near record time for Honu sightings!Fresh fruit .Snorkeling.Enjoy for us! My time is getting closer all the time.Keep us informed.It is as close as we can get without being there!

AZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Were here.. :)

maybe an unusual question buuuut I gotta ask. If you are on vacation in paradise to (I'm pretty sure) get away from the trappings of life, why in god's name would you be on a computer posting random trip details to communicate with a bunch of people who you arguably don't even know instead of drinking in every single moment of Maui that you can. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm just different than everybody else but when I go on vacation I shut off my cell phone, I don't watch TV and I definitly do not go anywhere near a computer unless its to look up directions to some enchanted snorkel spot that I haven't gone to yet. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to (as they say in Brooklyn) bust your balls, I'm just curious.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Were here.. :)

You're new, so we'll cut you some slack.

Hawaii forum regulars love Hawaii. When any one of us is in Hawaii we 'share the aloha' with members back home who enjoy the poster's joy.

AZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Were here.. :)

I'm not new. I haven't posted a whole bunch but Ive been coming here for 3 years now. Im a Maui addict. This year will be my 6th trip there. I could afford to go to lots of different places but I go to Maui time and time again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading the messages and I completely understand how everyone likes to share the info and all that mumbo jumbo. Im just curious (like I said) as to why you would want to even deal with stuff like that when you are on "vacation". Even seeing a computer when Im on vacation reminds me of the real world. I go to Maui to forget about the real world.

California
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Were here.. :)

Everyone is different - some people like taking a moment to post, and some don't. It's all good! :)

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Were here.. :)

I think it depends on personalities. when I get to Maui, I'm so excited about "things" and want to share the fun I'm having with others. Since TA folks really understand how I feel when on Maui..that's where I share. On the other hand my DH thinks I'm loony...his deal is who cares.

I can always count on my phone ringing about the time I've just completed check in and we walk into the room. It's friends back home who are calling to see where we are headed for our first meal. We do the same when they arrive on Maui. Nope we don't watch TV Soaps..but we do live for live Maui reports..

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Were here.. :)

I am taking my laptop so that I can skype w/ my daughter and father while we are away. Plus, I can show them our room and our view!!! I will try to update for a second when I get on to skype but it's just b/c i know that everyone on here lives for TR and updates. Plus, I like to know that the turtles are out in full force! it gets me excited! Thanks countrycoffee!

AZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Were here.. :)

That's cool. I guess everyone is just different. Either way I hope you have an awesome time! I was just curious, that's all. For me I would rather tell everyone about stuff after the trip so it leaves me with that much more time to focus on my surroundings and submerging myself in doing nothing but enjoying the splendor that is Maui and of course the awesomeness of having nothing to worry about except which restaurant to eat at or what snorkel spot to hit today. Maybe Im old school but I miss the days of no cell phones, lap tops, web cams sitting on every rooftop and gadgets everywhere that allow you to stay in contact with everyone on the planet. For me vacation is about simplicity and keeping me as far away from a computer as possible during my vacation allows me to enjoy it that much more. Aloha!