We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Maui fresh produce options

oregon
Level Contributor
269 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
West Maui fresh produce options

OK we are not Costco people, we love Farmers Markets. We arrive on a Friday and are staying at Napili. I just want to rest and snorkle, eat mostly at condo for our stay, not even driving to Hana, just want to relax.

Don't really want to drive back to swap meet Saturday a.m. Is there some place like it, but smaller, on West side?

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

There is the Farmers Market and Deli store in Honokowai on Lower Hanoapiilani rd and they have a farmers market outside on mon,wed and fri.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,933 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

Aloha,

You made me laugh, I love it!

Also check Lahaina Farms Market, in the Lahaina Gateway Center (across from the Cannery where Long's and Safeway are). Check Long's too-they bring in a pretty decent selection from some Kula farms.

You might also try Napili Market-it's got some good local stuff, though it can be $$$.

There's a new Farmer's Market down in Lahaina town, at 505 Front St. I haven't been so can't speak to what it's like, sorry!

oregon
Level Contributor
269 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

Mahalo, fantastic to hear we don't have to rush the next morning. A follow up, in early August, what might we find? Anything local we should be sure to try? Yes, we're foodies.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

The Longs Drugs has a good veggie department. Small but good and good prices.

Get some Maui Cattleranch beef from then too. We love the hamburger.

There is another new outdoor market at the train depot at Kaaanapali.

Haven't looked at it yet.

Take Hom Maui has geat pineapples, papayas and Maui Onions.

Also a small store/deli in the Lobby of the Honua Kai Resort owned by 3 chefs.

Costa Mesa, CA
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

jim, good stuff on finding local produce. So where can I find Take Hom? Pls., directions for someone who's not been on Maui since 1991.

Mahalo in advance. Also, any other local produce places/roadside stands along W. Maui area (am staying at Mahana...way early June), muchly appreciated.

oregon
Level Contributor
269 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

Fantastic! Honestly, wouldn't have thought of Longs if I hadn't read it here. We only buy local meats here, so will look for that beef. When we're not eating fish, of course.

7. Re: West Maui fresh produce options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 06:22