We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

nj
Level Contributor
662 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

Are there any flights from Maui to Kauai that don't stop in Honolulu? There must be, but every flight I have found has a stop which seems silly for such a short flight. Thanks!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,934 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

I don't know of any. You just don't have enough people flying from Maui to Kauai to justify a route.

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

We just booked our interisland flight from Maui to Kauai and had to do this same thing seems like they would have a straight flight but they don't.

But it doesn't take that long to get there even with the connections and it is so worth it to be able to see both islands.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

I am booked on a direct one with Island Air in July. 12:40 I think.

I would not recommend them if you positively absolutely have to be there at a certain time though.

I so miss Aloha airlines . They had direct flights all day to all.

Island has stricter baggage rules since it is not a jet, especially for carry on.

Edited: 27 May 2010, 04:58
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,798 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

As I recall, there's only one direct flight each way daily. Not terribly convenient.

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

We booked a direct flight from Kauia to Maui; there seems to be one a day, in the morning. I assume there is direct flight the other way.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

We did in Sept 09, and I think there were a few options. Haven't checked, but sounds like they have changed routes ???

We did fly Island Air and my suggestion to anyone flying with them is "Read there Small Print" Carry on baggage (in Sept 09) was a max of 16 lbs.....16lbs !!!! So we got charged for our two - 30 lb each carry on bags $35 each one way. $70 ????....... That is about what it cost one person to fly one way.

7. Re: Direct flight from Maui to Kauai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 06:28