We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
843 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Please you locals, can you tell me the best place to buy boogie boards (preferably with windows/view insert-thingies) and a beach umbrella? I don't want to waste time "comparison shopping" among several stores & just want to head to the store, get what I want, and go. We don't have a Costco membership (no point where we live - the nearest is 4 - 1/2 hrs away) so that avenue is out. Mahalo!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

You can buy them most anywhere..Target etc. But are you planning to take them home? We always just rent them from Snorkel Bob's, my guys feel they are getting better quality boards (yeah they are fairly serious boarders).

You cna also rent umbrellas or buy the cheapies at Long's or Target but don't foget to factor in the wind...might be better off with a good hat!

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
843 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Thanks Mama - maybe renting is the way to go, Snorkel Bob's didn't seem to mention rentals but Boss Frog's did? (Now I need to research their dinner cruises - are kids REALLY welcome on them? If I were having a romantic diner cruise with my sweetie, the last thing I'd want is a CHILD around - even is she is as adorable as Miss 6!)

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,499 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Aloha,

BC, I agree with Mamma-ref renting. If you really, really must buy, hit KMart or Walmart.

Skip the dinner cruises...........they are totally not worth the money!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Step AWAY from the dinner cruises!! Just book a sunset sail...drinks, pupus and miss6 will love it! And Yes Snorkel Bob's rent great boogie-boards.

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
843 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

SW & Mamma, who would you recommend for a pupu cruise? Thx!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,499 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Hey, BC,

Gemini and Teralani are tops in my book. Both leave from Kaanapali Beach. I like Gemini more, Mamma likes Teralani more!

Here's a link to Gemini's Facebook page:

facebook.com/pages/…111302228099

and one to Teralani's website:

http://www.teralani.net/

Canada
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

Hi EastBC, if you are staying in a condo they might already have the stuff you are looking for. If you are just looking for a cheapo boogie board you can buy at ABC stores.

8. Re: dumb question re boogie boards & umbrellas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 08:57