We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

laguna niguel,ca
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Here is my itinerary. Mom traveling with 3 kids ages 12, 14 and 17. We love the beach and snorkeling so there is a lot of that. No boat trips due to sea sickness and no luaus due to cost-kids picked zipline I would love any comments or ideas~Mahalo

Day 1: Arrive in Maui-pick up car-stop by Kmart for supplies-head to Napili Kai Beach Resort-check in and hit the beach-catch the sunset mai tai in hand then dinner at the Sea House

Day 2: Breakfast at the Gazebo-spend the day on Napili Bay sun and snorkeling-evening head to Lahaina for sunset,dinner,shopping and a shaved ice from Ululanis

Day 3: Head over to Kapalua Adventures for Zip line tour in the morning-beach/snorkel at Kapalua in the afternoon-dinner at Hula Grill and catch the free hula show in whalers village

Day 4: Wake up early and head out for Hana-stop and see the winsurfers at Hookipa-see how far we get (one gets car sick ) stop at twin falls and waterfalls in the beginning of drive-way home stop at Mamas Fish House for photos and just to see it-have dinner at Flatbread in Paia

Day 5: Beach Day and snorkeling Napili Bay-Evening watch the torch lighting and cliff dive at Sheraton then do the beach walk stopping to see the grounds of the big resorts have appitizers/cocktails at one dessert at another-progressive style (thank you forum pros for this fun idea)

Day 6: Helicopter tour of West Maui and Molokai in the morning- snorkeling at the Ahihi Preserve (if open?) in the afternoon- catch the evening hula show at Napili Kai Beach Resort then Lahaina for dinner and shopping

Day 7: Snorkeling at Honolua Bay in the morning- drive along west Maui seeing the sites ending with a visit to the Olivine Pools for a swim and picnic- mai tai/sunset beach walk on Napili Bay followed by dinner at Sea House and slack key concert in the evening

Day 8: Pack up and somehow say Aloha to paradise!

Day 6:

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Aloha,

It sounds like a WONDERFUL Trip!!!!! Would you like to adopt me?!!

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

sounds like a perfect trip especially for the kids. how lucky. Maui is about doing what you want. If you do road to Hana, stop by ABC store and get the CD. may improve the trip. Kids may like Ulena show. have fun.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Dramamine or Bonine may be perfect for motion sickness. I bring the chewable variety while on the road - cut the dose in half if needed. It sounds like it will be a great trip.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Day 6..snorkeling at the Ahihi Preserve (if open?) in the afternoon..

summer months bring south swells to the south area..Makena, Wailea, Kihei..surf will be rougher and visibility will drop.

Ahaihi Cove/bay is open to snorkel but conditions might not be good..also snorkeling in the afternoons in the south Maui area can be dicey on good days..choppy rougher water than in the mornings due to trade winds.. The drive through the lava fields past ahihi to LaPerouse is beautiful. If snorkeling doesn't work try boogie boarding at Kam III (skip boarding at Big Beach( aka..Break Neck Beach)

Also..on the west side Kapalua Bay and Kahekili (Airport Beach) have great snorkeling.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Wow -- that is a good itinerary. Just a note: Sea House has "small" portion dinners and "regular" portion dinners. The "small" are not small ... so unless you have some big boys, you will find the small portions to be plenty (get the shrimp!).

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
139 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

ZJust got back yesterday...w 2 boys 8 and 10 and the Dear Wife

Best snorkel is at Honolua bay and also doing a snorkel trip to Molokini.

Road to Hana==if car sick an issue- do a small bus tour-- we did that at last minuet was a good investment.

to be honest- money better spent on snorkeling boat versus zip lining in my opinion

I would do one visit to Wailea...

best time to snorkel anywhere in Hawaii is 6 AM- Noon...let me know how more I can help. Kmart and Costco next to each other.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Awesome! A sane mix of busy and relaxed! Love it! Just don't be afraid to change it up if you find a beach/area/eatery that you all really love!

canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Good for you I envy your scheduling! Wish I was that organized....I always have an idea of what I want to do,but we are a type of family that flies by the seat of our pants ~ let the adventure take us where it will.....but we may be in for a bit of an eye opener with my 3 year old.....but will just see how it rolls.

Your itinerary looks awesome ;)

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Yup - looks just perfect to me! You will love Napili. And don't forget to post a Trip Report when you get home and let us know how it all goes.

Don't overlook breakfast at the Seahouse. Same great view, equally great food, and no long lines like at the Gazebo on the other end of the bay.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally...the perfect itinerary-comments please!

Looks great, does the Napili Kai Resort do a free hula show every night or certain nights??

I'd also take a half day to visit the South beaches- Wailea/ Kihei you have lots of time, nice paved walk along the beach, you can do progressive dining there too at the resorts. Love that idea, by the way, appetizer here, dinner there & dessert somewhere else, very cool!

Now I gotta work on my itinerary!