We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather!!

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
weather!!

what's the weather gonna be like in the next week or so?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather!!

I don't know, my crystal ball is on the fritz. Try looking on the right hand side of this page at the Top Questions. Ist one on the list!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,506 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather!!

Aloha,

Rose, go to the sites listed in the "Top Question" about weather. It will take you to all the reputable websites for info.

At the NWS link, Plug in "96761" for Lahaina to about Kahana. Plug in "96753" for Kihei/Wailea. Plug in "96767" for Kapalua.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
149 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather!!

Probably just like it is today - breezes - with some variation in their speeds. If they drop off, it will be warmer than the mid-80s in the day time on the leeward sides of the island. Sunny. If on the windward side, possible passing showers of a short duration (we're in drought). Nights in the mid to upper 70's.

You can ask Glenn James your question on the MauiWeatherToday.com site.

E komo mai ~ welcome ~

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather!!

My favorite source for Hawai'i forecasts is directly from the National Weather Service. Here is a link to the Lahaina forecast:

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

You can click on any other spot on the map in the lower right corner for zone forecasts for other Maui locations.

Any forecast out more than a couple days greatly loses accuracy. So just check the forecast right before you leave. This is typically the warmest and driest time of the year in Hawai'i, so unless a hurricane develops, you should have hot and sunny weather.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather!!

I'm with you drv! Every weather forecaster gets their info from NOAA (National Weather Service).

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,506 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather!!

Aloha,

And that's why we put it in the Top Q about weather!!! Glenn James' site is there too!

P.S. I hate the "Top Questions" thing....................because it really seems folks don't use it and we end up writing the same answers anyway. Personally, I'd rather see TA bring back "Stickies" at the beginning of Forum pages. Just my opinion..........

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather!!

It will be stinkin' gorgeous and you won't wanna go back home to LA. The air will be clean and clear and hopefully the tradewinds will be with you every afternoon to prevent any precious perspiration from accumulating on your brow.

My fav weather site is mauiweathertoday.com and I love to read Glenn's Daily Narrative. Can't predict more than a couple days out but I can just sense how lovely it will be for your trip.

The weather will always be a top question. And no one will ever be 100% correct but I think Hawaii is easier to predict than the west coast of the mainland.... pure cr@p shoot, isn't it Rose?

Edited: 17 August 2010, 05:54
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather!!

Don't worry about the weather, that will not change it.

The weather forecast can not come close to being accurate because

of our micro climates.

Where you stay will have more affect on the weather and you can control that.

I used to walk to a friends house and she was in a dry pocket and I was

in a windy wet block. I moved when I finally realized I didn't like the

weather in my neighborhood.

When we were buying a house we asked a friend about his neighborhood

and he said he was at the breezy end of the block.

I would research the climate in my area but I would not spend time checking weather reports because they are very generalized.

It is that specific.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather!!

I am always worried that it will rain for an hour or two in the morning. That's why I am afraid to go back to Maui. :(

You know...by the time my plane lands 8 hours later at OGG, the weather has changed again. (wink, wink) ;)

How's the weather looking for Kihei on Labor Day? ;)

Edited: 17 August 2010, 19:16
Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather!!

It's looking to be warm and breezy on Labor Day. That would be a good time for you to visit and get over your fear of rain. Like Houston has weather to dream about !