We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental for 21 year old ?

Over the Atlantic
Level Contributor
412 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental for 21 year old ?

We're treating our son and daughter-in-law to a honeymoon in Maui. Can anyone recommend a rental car agency who'll rent to a 21-year-old (reputable and ideally without huge extra charge)?

Thanks,

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

Quincy, try this site...http://discounthawaiicarrental.com/ I'm sure they will have to pay more but hopefully not much! These guys have been great for us.

Edited: 24 August 2010, 01:59
NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

You can also check out this site you can rent a car from Thrifty thru them and be under 25 I think it's like an extra 10.00 a day or so.

www.hawaiidrive-o.com

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

I rented with Enterprise when I was under 25 and they didn't charge extra. If you get a quote from their website you can select your age and it will let you know if there is a surcharge at OGG. That way no surprises at the rental counter!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

Hmmm - looks like they have changed their policy! I just price out a rental for 21-25 and there is a HUGE surcharge ($20/day). Back to the drawing board.

5. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 17:24
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

discount hawaii car rental charges $10 for folks between 21 and 25.

Over the Atlantic
Level Contributor
412 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

Thanks ALL!! Got a car from HawaiiDriveO. Their deal with Thrifty was the best we found. Thanks for the tip!

8. Re: Car Rental for 21 year old ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:23