We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not your usual biking adventure

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
445 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Not your usual biking adventure

If you are a serious (and I do mean serious) cyclist and you are looking for an alternative biking excursion besides going down the mountain, I highly recommend "Go Cycling Maui". I can not stress enough, that this is not for amateurs nor for the faint of heart. My husband bikes and wanted a different experience and I found these guys. They are GREAT. They hook you up with everything you need. They do recommend that you bring your own pedals (if you have them) and bike shoes. My husband's bike was a titanium framed bike just out of the box. They go in groups of about 7 and take different routes throughout the island. The day my husband went, they went to an area referred to as "Up Country" and he estimates that it was maybe around 45 miles. I didn't think it could be done, but they kicked his behind and he loved every mile of it. He found that even if you just want to rent a bike and trek out on your own, Maui seemed to be very bike friendly. Thought I would pass this on to anyone who was interested.

United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not your usual biking adventure

Thanks you so much for posting this information. I was searching the web site

for cycling information regarding a trip to

Maui in September when my husband will be

running a marathon there. Cycling is my forte and the "downhill" tours sounded too

tourisy and lacking the workout I crave. Did

you husband find any spinning classes while

in Maui?

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
445 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not your usual biking adventure

Was glad to be of help. As for the spinning classes, hmmm, no, we don't know of any unless maybe some of the spas/gyms at some of the resorts would have had some. I was never able to get him interested in spinning classes because he can't stand the idea of biking for that long and not going anywhere. (Laughing) I even offered to set him up with a tv and a refrigerator. Sorry I couldn't be of help there. Hope you guys have a great time. Let me know if you do a trip with GoCyclingMaui. Like I said, my husband really loved it and it was definitely NOT a tourist trip. Good Luck

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
445 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not your usual biking adventure

P.S. They have a website gocyclingmaui.com. I think you will be happy with what you read and see.

maui
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Not your usual biking adventure

I spin at the new Powerhouse Gym in Kihei. They have new Spinners and Johnny G instructors. Classes are 6 or 6:30 am and T-W-TH at 5:30. They have day and week visitor passes. Maui Fitness Plus, also in Kihei has several spin classes a day, but it is hard to get a bike there.

United States
Level Contributor
89 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not your usual biking adventure

Thanks for your information on the spinning

classes in Kihei. Can both gyms accomodate my SPD compatible shoes?