We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach access guide

Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach access guide

The first time I went to Maui, I printed off the internet, a list and guide of all the beach accesses on Maui. It listed each sign and its number and exactly how to find it, where to park, etc. It was a great list and I loaned it out to the in laws for their first trip. It was never returned and I sure can't find where I got it the first time. Anybody know where I can find something like that? We found a lot of out of the way spots to check out, sometimes just tucked in between houses. We have our next trip booked for the end of February at the Punahoa. :)

Thanks

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
59,749 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach access guide

Aloha,

One good place to start is with the County's site. Go to:

http://www.co.maui.hi.us/index.aspx?NID=287 and click through the different areas. Almost all the county parks and beach parks are listed here, along with info about parking, facilities, etc.

Another good post was done last year, here on TA, about the more popular spots in Kaanapali:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60634-d2600…

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach access guide

heres one for snorkeling spots

www.maui-vacation.net/snorkelmap.html#01

and one for beaches

mauiinfosource.com/Maui%20Maps/Maui%20Beach%…

Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach access guide

thanks, that mauiinfosource site may have been it. The Map part is pretty close to what I remember, where you click on each beach for information. The access sign part is no longer there . Maybe as the signs disappeared over the years they took that part off?

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach access guide

Beach access signs are still in place. Just be on the lookout for the little blue signs. At Keawakapu north, there is a parking lot at Kilohana and S. Kihei Rd, across the street from the beach access sign.

At Po'olenalena, there are 2 beach accesses. One at the north end that is unpaved. One in back of the Makena Surf that is a tiny 10 spot parking lot that is paved and you need to get to before 8:30/9am.

The maps look good but just keep your eyes open for the signs.

5. Re: beach access guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2011, 06:32