We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any current ziplines reviews?

Discovery Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any current ziplines reviews?

Trying to decide between Kapalua Adventues, Flyin Hawaiian & Piholo. I have read TA posts but nothing recent on Kapalua which is where I was leaning towards until my son mentioned Piholo.Any recent reviews? We have zipped on Kauai & are looking for long & fast rides. Recommendations for best bang for our buck???

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

Take a look at this thread.... tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k376112… When you search be sure and use quote marks "zip-lines". I personally trust the forum discusssions more than the reviews. My crew loved the Kapalua lines but that was a couple of years ago before the new lines opened.

Discovery Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

Mahalo Mamma! I did read that review-that's why I added flyin Hawaiian to the mix, adding to the confusion. I also read your review which is why Kapalua is probably where we will end up but I am looking for more recent review especially of the upper zips.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

Sorry I can't help more! Hope this thread gets you some more response! After many trips my crew has settled into snorkeling/ body-boarding and surfing! Cheaper! HA

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

Piholo.>>

i did this last march and really enjoyed it -- much better then the one on haleakala----- longer zips but you do have to carry your harness(about 15-20 lbs) and climb some inclines and shaky bridges

will try flying hawaiian in march

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

I've had the chance to do all but Flyin' Hawaiian (it's on my list for next time) and would have to give the nod to Pi'iholo.

They have good-length runs, and you have the opportunity to ride side-by-side (if both people's weighs are similar) which is fun.

Be sure to specify the 5-run tour, as that's the one that gives you the really long run, and they also have a stop that gives you a great photo op looking across Central Maui and north towards Pai'a.

As Lougee said, the equipment is a little heavier, but it's also newer to give you better stability, and the braking system at the end is a little more effective.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

I'll be doing Flyin Hawaiian 12/2 - I'll certainly post a review and a TR here afterwards and let you know what I thought!

Discovery Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

Lightnin21-

Have you done the others? I have narrowed it down to Pi'iholo or Flyin Hawaiian. Any reason why you went with FH over P??

I leave in 3 weeks & will report back on whichever we end up doing!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

I went with FH over Piiholo because I like their location, views, lengths of zips and their conservation efforts. I haven't done any of the others, but If I were lucky enough to do three, I'd do them in this order - FH, Piiholo and Kapalua. For me, the views and the length of the zips make Flyin Hawaiian a winner. Plus (I hear) they take smaller and less groups of people up each day, so thats another plus for me.

I'd love to hear your thoughts when you return - trip report?? Please?

:-)

Have fun!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
214 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

Doing Flyin Hawaiin tomorrow and heard it is the best and willlet you know.

10. Re: Any current ziplines reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 06:17