We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco food

Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Costco food

Does anyone know what fresh fish Costco has? We'll be stopping there on the way to our condo from the airport. I am gathering my recipes as our trip draws nearer ;-)

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco food

yesterday they had tuna but they sold out -- so i dont know what they will have when you get there

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco food

Last year I got Opah and Monchong.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,461 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco food

Totally depends on time of year and time of day! Just bring some spices and wing it!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco food

Some of the best sashimi you'll find at great prices. Weekends they'll have the king crab legs and dungeness crab out in a special cart. Lilke the other poster, depends on time of year for what types fish they'll have. They also have frozen clams needing only a microwave for hot steamer clams.

Rex

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco food

just bring all your fish receipes with you -- they wont take up much space in your luggage and when you get here you can match receipes to the fish offered for sale on that day

6. Re: Costco food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 18:20
Edited: 06 October 2010, 18:20
Canada
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco food

Yeah, when they have their Seafood cart out..you can great some great deals on Lobster tails, scallops, King Crab and shrimp.

Smaller portions of fresh Poke are also available from the cart. The server will offer you a sample as well.(Costco seems to be all about samples)

Marlin steaks seems to be available most times we visit.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco food

Most definitely take your spices with you. When you get on the island, you'll find that condiments are the most expensive items in a store.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costco food

I wouldn't buy fish on the way to your condo from the airport - the fish needs to get into the fridge PRONTO and if there are any issues with your check-in the fish will spoil. Sad news! Foodland has nice fresh fish, and at reasonable prices as well. There have been numerous threads here about fish markets, you might try searching for those.

And you don't really need a recipe for this fish - salt + pepper + butter + squeeze of citrus and you're done!

Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costco food

Good points. Where is Foodland?