We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swinging bridges

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
swinging bridges

just did that hike...it was great! also did the wai'anapanapa hike to the hana airport...hot, bring water..but the veiws and rock formations were awesome!!!! my honey carried our 4 yearlod on his shoulders the whole way and we still had a great time...hitch hiked back to wai'anapanapa to our car, lol IT WAS AN ADVENTURE!

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: swinging bridges

I've done that hike with the swinging bridges before and it is certainly a lot of fun.

What was the terrain and the sights like on your hike to the airport? I'm not familiar with that one.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swinging bridges

it was hot and you will need good shoes because you will be hiking on lava rock. bring alot of water and a hat and sunscreen because there is no shade. you gotta start from the wainapanapa black sand beach (there is a trail you will see at the end of the beach)...about 2miles to the airport and 2 miles back.....short, but there are so really neat coves and rock formations too...we enjoyed it! oh, and the airport has a soda machine with ice cold drinks for 1.25ea. aloha, candi

3. Re: swinging bridges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 06:18