We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sushi

Kelowna
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sushi

Who has the best take out Sushi on Maui? I wonder about price and taste? Does Costco have Sushi?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sushi

Foodland and Times have fresh sushi counters inside the store.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,908 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sushi

Yes Costco has sushi and as I recall Safeway and ABC do as well and "best" is a relative term when you talk about grocery store quality sushi. I like them all, but I have lower expectations of a grocery store than I do a restaurant.

If I wanted good sushi for take out I'd probably find a sushi bar and get take out from them.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sushi

We frequented GENKI sushi in Lahaina. It is a sushi boat type restaurant. The sushi was pretty good (nothing fancy) very affordable and there were a lot of people doing take-out.

genkisushiusa.com/locations_maui.html#Maui

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sushi

Foodland has the best reputation on the islands for anything doing with take out seafood. Their poke is rated right up there with any of the most expensive restaurants.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,617 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sushi

Aloha,

Scott........are you sure you don't mean sashimi at Costco? I don't think I have ever seen sushi here. Safeway may have one or two rolls.......I would never buy there.

MsFuzz is right-Foodland, Foodland. The Foodland next door to Genki (was called Lahaina Farms Market, is now called Foodland Farms) has great seafood and sushi too.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sushi

Yep, I don't remember sushi at Costco. Sashimi there is good quality and good pricing as well.

Rex

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sushi

The poke at Lahaina Farms (now Foodland Farms) was my favorite on the island, restaurants included. In fact, now I'm really wishing I had a Poke Bowl for lunch!

8. Re: Sushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:16