We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

With the Foodland take over of Lahaina Farms grocery store did much change? I am asking because next year we are not checking any bags and only taking carry on and since I am not able to take more than 3 oz of liquid I need to purchase items on the island.

My son has to have chemical free & artificial fragrance free sun screen, lotion and body wash which I hoped to purchase at Lahaina Farms.

I also thought about mailing these items from home to the resort but I am not sure exactly how that would work.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Since the Foodland organization owned Lahaina Farms to begin with, I doubt if much changed

If some of your items you mentioned are high dollar, I suggest that you Fedex or UPS your stuff. Call the resort and advise them you have package(s) coming for you and they'll keep them. You can also figure out the arrival date so the packages will arrive the day you do.

We've done this when we stay at the Eldorado and it always works out great.

Rex

Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Yes I know these will be high ticket items as they are high ticket items on the mainland as well. I'll give the resort a call and ask what their procedure is for accepting a customers package. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
6,030 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Whole Foods would also carry those things.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,396 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Down to Earth would probably have whatever you require...

305 Dairy Road, about 1.5 miles straight out of the airport on your right.

http://www.downtoearth.org/

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,929 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Are you in the U.S.? There are various services that ship luggage for you ... perhaps that would work.

Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Thanks I'll look into those places.

BLBL - Unfortunately luggage delivery services are not in the budget however I did a search and found a very reasonable service called VIP Luggage (very similar to the old Baggage Direct service) but they are not affiliated with Hawaiian Air but for those of you using nearly every other airline flying to Hawaii it is worth a look. Here is the website link http://vipluggagedelivery.com/

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

U S Post Office has very good rates to and from Hawaii.

The flat rate Priority boxes are what I use. Insurance is cheap and they

provide the box for free.

The box I use the most allows up to 70 lbs and charges around $13 and gives you

some free insurance.

It takes about 3 business days.

Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Jim - Wow that is a deal! I have seen those commercials but I assumed Hawaii and Alaska would not be included. Thanks.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,762 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

Aloha,

Here's a link to the USPS site. Just a note-a 70Lb. box would cost about 112.00 each way. The flat rate boxes run around 14.50 each, and are def a good deal. Hawaii is in Zone 8, for those looking at the chart:

www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

The selection and style of the Market hasn't changed that much. A few more local items, and the best news is that Foodland's Mai'kai Card is now valid there.

10. Re: Lahaina Farms now Foodland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:17