We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

Can anyone tell me if the Atlantis Sub Adventure has bathrooms on board the sub?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,323 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

I would check their website about the bathrooms, or maybe even give them a call.

I can tell you that most posters are "lukewarm" at best about the Atlantis Sub. Kinda touristy. We fell for it our first trip to Maui, and - frankly - felt a little stupid. Couldn't really see anything.

If you have a kid who thinks it's cool to be on a sub, then maybe it is worth it. Otherwise, you may want to spend your $ elsewhere.

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

Our family quite enjoyed it. Granted it was our first year in Maui and it is indeed touristy, but the staff was friendly, professional...they let our 6 year old steer the shuttle boat (ship?)... and yes we got to say we were in a submarine. Made the Finding Nemo ride in Disnyeland a ho hum experiencea couple of years later. Perhaps it's about context. A group of teenages for example might be unimpressed

Make sure you find coupons or package deals. I think our kids were free at the time.

Edited: 27 October 2010, 19:03
Hutch, MN
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

We took the Atlantis on the Big Island last January. I would not recommend it. All staff was nice BUT it was extremely crowded and we really saw very little sealife. We saw many more fish and turtles snorkeling at Two Step (Honaunau Bay near Place of Refuge), Kapoho Tide Pools and Anaehoomalu Beach.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,975 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

I don't know about the bathrooms but the submarine is hit or miss. Some people see practically nothing. Once, a few years ago there was a video on YouTube that someone took from the submarine that was surrounded by humpback whales and dozens and dozens of fish. Go figure!!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,323 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

Part of our problem was that the viewing porthole glass (or whatever stuff that it) was scratched and murky. Couldn't see much.

6. Re: Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 06:45