We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
Save Topic
Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

I just rented a very nice 2002 Nissan Sentra from "Maui No Ka Ukelele" Rentals, situated just behind Costco in Kahului. I was issued a paid receipt for my two week rental. But It does NOT contain any information regarding rental car agreements as to where I may drive. (I've tried calling the office over and over; no answer!)

So, I was wondering if I can drive my Sentra all the way past Hana (ah, maybe once or twice a week), to see the winery, and the gardens, hang in upcountry, and swing (on the highway the opposite way) back into Kahului? (I like to shop at Costco and pick up them 50 gal drums of poi.)

So my question is: Am I breaking my rental car agreement going past Hana? Can I only go to Lucky Lindy's grave? Please give me advice, 'cause I know everything here on TA is travel related.

My kids are sure getting tired of riding on that 5 seater bicycle ya know, but we do like the scenery on the back side. Luke especially likes to pet the cows.

Oh, BTW, I hear tell that James MacArthur used to come over to Maui and drive all around past Hana back in the day in the late 60's. I guess you can do that when you got a boss man like Steve MacGarret?

You see, James MacArthur played "Danno" Williams for nine seasons on the beloved TV show "Hawaii Five-O". For those that don't know, he was the last surviving main actor of that great show and passed away last Thursday 10/28/2010.

staradvertiser.com/hawaiifive0/20101029_MacA…

Hey "Danno". You can go all the way around past Hana anytime bruddah! And while you're on the way, why don't you "Book 'Em Danno!"

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

lol! caddy....you sly devil you!

from what i understand, you can rent a skateboard without breaking any agreements to travel the road past lindbergh site where our dear departed danno often traveled. hawaii 5-0 would not have been the same without him.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

I don't know that you do for a living, Cadman -- but I have a feeling you have missed your calling.

That Danno was a cutie-pie!

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

I see this thread as a thinly veiled opportunity to mourn the great James MacArthur. The car rental stuff is all a ruse to hide Caddy's true sensitivities. I feel your pain Caddy. It seemed like any school movie day we had growing up showed Disney's Kidnapped starring dear departed Danno.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

BLBL

I don't know that you do for a living, Cadman -- but I have a feeling you have missed your calling.>>

according to his parole officer caddy never had a job and didnt do that very well either

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

Lougee: LOL...."How do you remove an ankle bracelet"?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

LOL, Lou! They won't let me send this message unless it has more words .... cnvlksfnksfn^*)$%^_@#$aisgha.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

My GPS in the Sentra has failed! Where is the turn off for Hamoa Beach? I guess I'll be OK, if I take the "Clamato in Maui" sign, right? Travel related that's what is is ALL about. ;)

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

caddyshackman

Lougee: LOL...."How do you remove an ankle bracelet"?>>

carefully -- very carefully -- then you leave it near your home phone while you trip the light fantastic --- by the way -- you will get caught again again and again--- some people just never learn

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

OK Lougee! Ha Ha! This OP is about the road past Hana....how Danno traveled it well.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Car Agreements Past Hana

I hear that the south end of the Big Island will some day break off into the sea and cause catastrophic tsunami around the Pacific Rim. I bet Danno has been to the south end of the Big Island and enjoyed it very much!