We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Hawaii

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Car Rental Hawaii

Can anyone recomend www.carrentalhawaii.com? I am planning a trip to Hawaii in March and they have very good prices! There package prices include Insurances. I'm thinking about getting a Jeep Wrangler - has someone experiences with that car?

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

I went to Maui and Oahu this summer, I rented both of my cars at car rental hawaii - everything worked perfect! I had to postpone my reservation so i had to call them the staff was very helpful and the prices the prices talk for themselves. I rented mid size suv's i get a newish Hyundai Santa Fee and a Ford Edge - i liked both cars, especially their A/C.... Never drove a Jeep Wrangler but it looks like fun! The package Deals are great!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

I used them for a trip to Maui last month and it was great. We had an Alamo reservation through them, and it was definitely the cheapest I could find. I had to change the reservation a couple times and they were super easy to work with.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

You don't need a Wrangler! How many people in your party?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

i will keep checking them but they were still more then the res i am holding from thrifty

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

Very happy with the cars we rented in Maui and Big Island through Car Rental Hawaii. Staff very helpful and easy to deal with. Australians (and other nonresidents) require car insurance, and it's surprisingly tricky to get that online. They were very helpful in this regard, and price-competitive too.

We had a Jeep on the Big Island. Fun car to drive, perfect for two or three. A bit tight for more than that.

Innisfail, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

I know this is an old post but I am replying to say that I rented cars from via this company in 2012 on both Maui and The Big Island. Their service was absolutely first class and during our 6 week holiday car rentals were not something we had to worry about at all. When you book with them you get a confirmation number and roll on up to the car rental company they tell you to go to (in our case it was Alamo both times) give them the number and off you go. Car Rental Hawaii are champions, we were there at a peak time and Nicolas always got us a great car, a great upgrade and a great price at very short notice.

Dubbo Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

I am thinking of renting a car from Hertz. The price in Australia before we go is $275 for 5 days which sounds reasonable but I have been warned that state taxes and other costs are charged upon rental. Does anyone know how much these are? I want to factor these in before deciding whether to rent or not,

thanks

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,688 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

mamadodo, check out http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

They act as a middle man and use all the major companies to get the best price for you. If you are a costco member, that is another option. They will give you a quote that will include all the taxes. You will want to check your insurance at home, or your credit card, to make sure you have the proper coverage for collision. Buying it from the car rental company will cost more.

You should be pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive the petrol is compared to home! It is cheaper in Maui than it is in my home town. It jumped from 1.12 a litre a few weeks ago to 1.32 a litre as of yesterday.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

Taxes and fees for our 2 week rental starting next week are just under $200.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 05:45
Innisfail, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental Hawaii

When we rented with car rental Hawaii all the taxes etc were included in the price quoted. They have special rates for aussies and their full insurance rate was very good indeed, Nanaimo was right about the fuel being cheap and you just have to smile when Hawaiians groan about their fuel prices :)