We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

We've been packed for weeks now (well, where else would I put the summer clothes) and have one last day of work before our week in Maui. I have read at least seven guide books, lurked around the forum, asked questions, and created a detailed itinerary.

Now that we are on our way (almost) I feel like tossing the plan and just relaxing once we get there. Snorkeling? Maybe, RTH? Maybe. Sitting under a palm tree and drinking something tropical? Definitely!

After all this research, I have figured out that what I need is a holiday from work, from schedules, from expectations.

Is it possible that I am already on Maui time?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Sounds like you're well on your way to Maui time! Have a great trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Sounds divine! We'll be doing much the same in about three days :-) have a great flight!

Jac

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Yes, your plan is THE plan to have.

We always have just two things on our plan:

1. Start each day on the lanai drinking island coffee, taking in all the smells and sounds of the island waking for the day and talking about what we might do that day.

2. End each day sitting on the lanai (or the beach) with a tropical drink, some pu pus, watching the best sunsets one can ever see and talking about what we did do that day.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Yeah for you! How about printing that detailed itinerary, taking it with you and ceremonially tossing it in the garbage at the airport? Coffee on the lanai in the morning planning your day...drinks at sunset every evening. Yup you're there! Have a blast.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

The best thing to do while on Maui is to do what ever strikes you at the moment. Yes, I think you are well on your way to Maui time!! Have a great trip and we will be expecting your trip report upon your return!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,480 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Aloha,

This sound like the PERFECT plan, LOL! Have a great time!

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Just the fact that you are leaving this cr@ppy weather will make you appreciate Maui for the nice warm island that it is in the middle of a nice warm ocean. Enjoy luxuriating on Maui time.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

You've got it right! If you arrive in Maui already in a relaxed state, your trip will seem a lot longer.

To me, no itinerary equals no worries.

Aloha

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

Your one of the few that got it figured out, so many try and do everything and sometimes get worn out. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!!! No plans!!!!

I like to go with the ratio of 2 planned events per week on island. There are some things that need to be booked in advance, but most days we let just...happen. :)