We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 11/10 to 15th

los angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 11/10 to 15th

Thank you to all who comment on these pages. It helps make a trip easier to plan and have a good time.

This was a last minute trip and we had a blast.

A.A. out of LAX was on time and nothing special.Our hotel was the Westin Resort and check in was a breeze at 11 at night . We asked for an upgrade with a view and we recieved a beach view straight on.A great way to start.

Day 2 hung out by the pool.waterslide,waterfalls,swans,

koi.The place is beautiful.went to whalers villiage for lunch at T+C.everyone had something different and liked it.

Back to the pool for Mai Tais and swimmimg before going to the Hyatts luau.Drums of the pacific was a good time.Hips moving,fire dancing,cocktails.A great way to spend a night.The food was so,so but We were not expecting much.Highly reccomend this one.

Next day,Pool and beach,and my wife had to, yes ,had to go on the sugar cane train.What a waste of a 1 1/2 hours.You do not even see sugar cane,just the back of houses and strip malls.It was a 6 mile trip with nothing to see.I got so bored I picked up the conductors Ukelele and sang and played.My teenage daughters wanted to hide so I guess it was worth it after all.

Went to Kimos and walked Lahaina at night .Note.....Yes there is a difference in shaved ice.ululanis is the best over by cheeseburger in paradise.

Next day,The Quicksilver over to Molikini.A great day.The crew,the snorkeling, turtle town. They say move slow .or not at all and you have a better time of a turtle showing up.We did see many turtles,and A turtle came up right next to us and hung out for just 2 minutes or so on the surface.Just looking around and taking breathes. We had to move so as not to run into it.It made our day. The food was also quite good on this trip.Pulled pork sandwiches.The best lunch of the trip.

We showered on the boat and drove through Kihei and wailia ?? then back up past Kapalua. A pretty drive and a nice way to end the day.Dinner was round table pizza.What was I thinking ??.An early night.we were wiped out.

Next day.... My 2 daughters and I took surfing lessons at the Westin. 8 A.M. for 1/2 hour then into the water for 1 1/2 hours. I had to drag the board about 300 yards down the beach while the staff pulled my girls. I was tired by the time we were ready to go onto the water.

Greg,our instructor from the Westin was great.Took his time a good guy.My 15 year old got up 1st time in and did not look back.Up every time and had people watching.

She was smiling for the camera,fixing her hair,had the surfer pose.My 17 Year old daughter got up around the 5th try after they changed her feet.Called her "goofy feet" because she surfed reverse foot. She also got the hang of it quick and looked great.

All right.now myself...When did i get old.??? I never did get straight up,but I did feed the fish after swollowing too much salt water....Memories

After this we just hung out at the pool for the day and 1 last trip to lahaina for dinner.Prime rib and seafood.Nothing special,but did have another shaved ice.

The Westin was GREAT !!! as was the Quick silver,the luau,and the surfing.I wish I could have stayed a few more days. We will come back.

B.K.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

great humor -- enjoyed reading -- glad you had a good time!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

Great report-enjoyed it very much-we too are fans of the Westin resort, will be there in February.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

Thanks for the report, bigkid, when you find the answer to "when did I get old", let me know OK?!!! Loved your humor.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

Too much fun! If you even TRIED surfing...ya ain't old yet!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

My daughter is a goofy foot too...thanks for posting your report, glad you had a great time!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

Great report - thanks! Get any video of the ukelele serenade on the Sugar Cane Train? It's a miracle your girls were willing to do the surf thing with you after that. Oh wait - they needed your credit card to pay for the lessons, right? Sounds like it was a great trip...feeding the fish notwithstanding.

los angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

We did not get a video tape of the ukulele,but my daughter did take a picture at the time and has it on her facebook along with some surfing.

And thank you for saying I am not old for just trying surfing.

Happy travels

8. Re: Trip report 11/10 to 15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 06:31