We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

Has anyone stayed in an ocean front room at the Marriott Ocean Club in Kaanapali? We booked a two bedroom ocean front in the old tower but I just read that those rooms are located over the restaurant and if that's the case then it may not be a good option for me since I'm traveling with my 4 month old. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate? I want to call and request a higher level room or an oceanfront in another part of the building (assuming that's an option) if noise is an issue. I'm going during Christmas so the resort is sold out and I'm sure it's first come first served.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

The building is u-shaped, so there are ocean-front villas away from the restaurant.

I've stayed ocean-front over the restaurant, usually on an upper floor, and never been bothered by noise. The combination of overhang over some of the seating areas and umbrellas at the tables tends to muffle and disperse the sound as well.

Try calling ahead a couple of weeks or so and asking that they try to get you something on an upper floor or in the Moloka'i wing.

Petaluma, CA
Level Contributor
205 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

We were in an ocean front room the first week of October in the Molokai Wing. It was lobby level. It was the best view we have ever had in a room anywhere! The older hotel has huge lanais. It felt like you could reach out and touch the ocean. Just spectacular. We had a two bedroom. I think the room numbers were 1011 and 1012. Noise was not a problem at all.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

Thank you to you both. We are really looking forward to it! I heard the ocean front rooms are fantastic. Petaluma--I hope I receive a condo as wonderful as yours!

Petaluma, CA
Level Contributor
205 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

I hope you do too. I was really blown away by how beautiful the view was. I took a picture with my cell phone and kept it as background!

The older building doesn't have full kitchens, but those lanais are huge!

Enjoy! I wish I was going back with you!

5. Re: Marriott Ocean Club Ocean Front Rooms (old tower)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 07:20