We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

Oh, the reality of putting on a swimsuit is rapidly sinking in. Maui in 8 days. No tan and I want to lose 10 pounds before we leave. Aside from a magic wand, any 'quick fixes?' Oh, and they must include red wine. :-)

Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,178 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

Over Christmas, New Years ... and my birthday. Wow, I have no idea. Stomach flu?

Brewerton, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

No weight loss needed... just have a glass of red wine before you don the bathing suit. :)

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
534 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

Don't make yourself crazy! The only person who thinks you need to lose 10 lbs. is YOU. Lose a little weight, gain a little weight, people do not notice.

Believe me. Concentrate on enjoying your trip, and don't beat yourself up over 10 lbs.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,235 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

1. If you are starting at 400 pounds, dropping ten pounds in a week ain't that tough.

2. Do it the way boxers and wrestlers make weight, start spitting now.

3. Don't eat or drink anything that starts with a consonant.

4. Grab one of those new "At Home" liposuction kits.

5. Rent a tapeworm.

6. Take up smoking cigars.

7. Scald your tonque and mouth REALLY bad.

8. Try the tofu, pepperoncini and banana diet that's sweeping the islands.

If you do find the answer, were all gonna be rich.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,511 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

You really don't need to worry . . . do what I do - look and find someone larger than you at the pool/beach and your confidence will be restored! :) As well, remember that no one knows you and truly doesn't care or notice that your swimsuit may be a bit snug - really! You will see every shape and size while in Hawaii - so enjoy the holidays and get ready for some fun in Maui!! :) Don't forget that sunscreen!!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

I can't believe I'm gonna quote Billy Joel..."I love you just the way you are!"

Jblair, do what you can, but life isn't about what you look like. It's what's inside your heart that counts. And the very fact you ask about this shows you are a sincere nice person.

And yes, I know...I am a sexy hunk of a fella...I'm just saying... LOL

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

Go to one of your finer department stores and pick up a swimsuit that has a slimming panel up front. Lands' End sells these online as well. You may be able to lose 10 lbs in 8 days but it will be weight from lost fluid, not necessarily fat. Try eating only the things that will allow you to keep an honest calorie count so no all-you-can-eat buffets. Pick up some of those Smart Ones or other lite frozen meals. They are just the right portion size for losing weight. Stop buying all the interesting looking goodies at the store. Stay away from calorie dense foods like ice cream and those ginormous coffee/shake things they have at Starbucks. Add heat filled spices to your foods instead of butter or oil. Instead of baking in a tanning bed, get one of those lotions with self-tanner. You will add color slowing and avoid some of the obvious streaking.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,235 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

Coalminer's right, there is no need to worry about it.....

Because on any Maui beach there are going to be some smoking hot "hard bodies" (gals and guys), and it doesn't matter if you lose 20 pounds or gain 15, all the wandering eyes are going to be on them anyway.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

95% of the bodies on Maui are not smokin' hot. In fact, I would say you might have a day where you are the smokinest hot body on the beach. Brochures and commercials are the only place to find perfect people.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui 8 days, need to lose 10 lbs asap. Any ideas?

If I can speak for Amberloo (and I know I can), I do believe that was "sarcasm". But Julauf is right...we can't all be like me. Oh the cosmetic bills.