We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

I wonder if it is possible to take a airport shuttle from OGG without booking one ahead. And about how much? I was in Waikiki airport before - there were lots of airport shuttle that you just pick one from outside. what is the situation in OGG ?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

Luggage claim across carousel 1-2 and Starbucks near curbside is the Taxi Stand and Across from that, is the Shuttle Stand.

It was 38-45 to South Maui before so add a few more dollars to Kaanapali.

Very easy to get.

Easy to get a Taxi too

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

As the previous [post says, it is very easy to get it, realize though, it will make several stops, how may, depends on the numbers of passengers. However, it is the return trip that gets very unpredictable, on out last trip in feb., I booked with Executive Shuttle, through the concierge at the Hyatt regency, for pick up at at 12:30 p.m., we were at the front entrance of the hotel by noon, strangely, the van came ther 15 minutes before, a full 45 minutes before scheduled pick up time, so, after standing around, a while, while the bell person and, the Concierge tried to remedy the situation, we took a cab back to the airport.I would stay away from the Executive shuttle.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,703 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

Are you not planning to rent a car? Common wisdom here says you'll do better than paying for the shuttle, and you'll be much more flexible, not to mention having the means to explore the island as you wish.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

Thanks for all the replies. My son's family will be in Maui the same day earlier with a rental, but they have a 7 months old baby, and my plane comes in around 9 PM, so I rather take a shuttle to the hotel, but I don't want to book ahead for there might be a slight chance some one could come to pick me up.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

In your situation., I would say, go ahead pick either the Executive or SpediShuttle-be prepared for some stops, and delays. If you do a search, you would find there are plenty of complaints about both of these, so--.

6. Re: OGG airport shuttle to Kaanapali without pre-booked?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 05:20