We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about flights from DFW

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
460 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Question about flights from DFW

We'll be flying from DFW (AA) and we're wondering about food on the flight. All it says on the website is 'Food for Purchase'. Our last flight 'over the pond' was before all the airlines started cutting everything and we had two meals on that flight (which was shorter than the flight to Hawaii, because we launched from Newark).

Anyway, trying to be prepared and not limited to their food-for-purchase options (if that's truly how it is)... has anyone recently flown to Hawaii from DFW, and what food was provided by AA?

Thanks!

~TxTravler

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about flights from DFW

they provide nothing. well that's a lie, soda, coffee and juice. you can buy sandwiches, cookies, chips and other stuff for a fee. We made our own sandwiches and took them on board to eat.

Edited: 07 January 2011, 22:27
texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about flights from DFW

also, i'd take an extra jacket or blanket. i have NEVER been on a flight as cold as the one from dfw to ogg. it was by far the most miserable. which is why we are going first class in may.i'd also make the suggestion for some xanax. LOL. i don't know what i would have done if i hadn't slept the whole way.

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about flights from DFW

oh, here's the menu

aa.com/i18n/…domesticMealService.jsp

OK
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about flights from DFW

I have not flown from DFW to Hawaii, but I have flown AA from DFW to other destinations. The food for purchase is usually a boxed sandwich, crackers, cheese and candy. I do believe some flights also have salads. I would probably take some snacks on with me.

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about flights from DFW

We always fly from Dallas and it seems like the same stuff each time--turkey or ham sandwiches and wraps. They're not bad, but I would choose to grab something in the airport and take it on., They also take a limited amount on the plane, so there's no guarantee that they will have enough food. Most people bring snacks and meals with them. Oh, they also have snack boxes with raisins, cheese, crackers, etc.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about flights from DFW

As Mauidreamer stated..the "limited amounts" on board might mean you will not get a sandwich. Plenty of canned drinks and water. Pick up food and take on board. I also like pick up water and bring to take on the plane.

Pack a light blanket and travel pillow or plan to buy one on board...

7. Re: Question about flights from DFW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:23