We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco-Free Extra Driver

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Costco-Free Extra Driver

I have a reservation through Costco with Enterprise and was wondering if anyone knows if we would get a free second driver?

I have searched all over Costco website and I cant seem to find anything about a second driver.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

With Costco it says what the terms are when you book online (did you book online?). I think they always have free extra driver, at least when I have used them.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

I booked online but I did not see anything about extra driver. humm...

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

I also forgot to ask. If we do get a free extrsa driver does the extra driver have to be a spouse?

Goleta, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

I booked at Alamo through Costco yesterday and it specifically said in the reservation that it included a second driver.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

I booked us with Alamo last year on Maui and either DH or I could drive - no extra charge. I booked straight through their website. Did the same thing this year, as they were actually the best price, so I'm hoping the second driver is still free.

Plus, I love that their parking lot is a bit further away from the OGG terminal - makes them a lot easier to get into and out of.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,285 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

Jiffer,

I've booked directly with Enterprise for May, and in the fine print of my confirmation it says,

"ENTERPRISE ADDITIONAL DRIVER POLICY

-----------------------------------

THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $10.00 PER DAY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZED DRIVER OTHER THAN A SPOUSE OR DOMESTIC PARTNER."

(sorry about the caps...I copied it from my confirmation & they seem to like all caps).

Susan

vancouver
Level Contributor
182 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

alamo was free for the 2nd driver .

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

If you belong to the Alamo loyalty club, second driver is free. No charge for membership. Sign up online. My sister was my second driver.

When you book through www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/… you get a second driver free

Burlington, WA
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

I'm a little confused about this whole second driver business. If you don't get their insurance, and instead use your own private insurance, would you still have to pay for a second driver? What happens if you don't pay for a second driver and your spouse drives? I'm assuming your own insurance will still cover you if it covers you for any car you drive. What's the scoop?

California
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costco-Free Extra Driver

I think the free second driver benefit is a special Costco deal.