We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch Curling on TSN

Kelowna BC
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Where to watch Curling on TSN

Does anyone know if there is a sportsbar around Lahaina that has TSN so I can watch the Brier this weekend?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

Even as a fellow Canadian, why would you want to watch the Brier while you're in HAWAII???

I was there last week, and the only sports programming I really saw was ESPN. If you want to try to have them switch from college basketball to curling, good luck with that.

Your best option would likely be to hunker down at a computer and watch it on tsn.ca, but I urge you not to.

Hawaii!!!!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,222 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

i think the only ice you will find is in mai tais.......

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

No, for the love of Maui, don't try to tune into the curling. That's just plain looney.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

The only thing that "curls" in Hawaii are waves.....

And you can see them all day and night on The Surf Network (TSN).

Or just head down to the beach.

Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

There are hordes of Canucks who vacation in Maui, particularly in the Kihei area of South Maui, and the ones who post on this board say there are bars that cater to their sports viewing needs.

Normally the posts are in regards to wathcing the Grey Cup.

And if you enter "Grey Cup" into the search box above, you will find many, many threads with your fellow Canadians discussing where they could watch their beloved Roughriders take on the evil Argonauts, or somesuch, while in Maui.

Alternatively, if you just need a similar "fix", they have skilled, highly-competitive shuffle board tournaments every day at Kaanapali Villas.

Good Luck, and keep that stick on the ice, err....broom?

Edited: 11 March 2011, 23:32
Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

Ah, you funny man Amber.... Yes, the shuffleboard is a good substitute. Sorry, the competitive shuffleboard!

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

I'm a hockey guy. Is there bodychecking in shuffleboard?

Canada
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

Sorry I can't advise re a viewing spot on Maui for the Brier, but I can certainly understand your desire to catch it......

I would equate it to an American being in Hawaii and not watching the Superbowl.... simply because.."In Hawaii???

If you are a Fan of a certain sporting event...watching it unfold provides a big entertainment value for you........especially if your Rink is in contention.

Go Stoughton !!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

Careful about "equating" things to the Super Bowl, Wanderlust.....

You are talking about an American holiday, beloved by all true patriots (and the beer and avocado industries).

The viewing audience for the last one was more than 220 million. Half in the States (with an estimated 163 million watching some of it), and half elsewhere.

Compared to 1.6 million for last years Brier.

Heck, NASCAR races draw an average viewing audience of about 10 million.

I can appreciate any fans zealotry to see their event, but don't go treading on scared ground now. Not to mention you can catch the Super Bowl pretty much anywhere on the planet they have a TV.

And for Mauifan....

Those old codgers playing shuffleboard at the Kaanapali Villas take their matches seriously. But thankfully they have official referees (no lie, with custom hats) to keep the violence to a minimum.

I did see one petite 92-year old hip check her opponent into the hedge when everyone turned their head to watch a whale breech just off-shore.

And they get worse the more they drink.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

The Superbowl will always get huge numbers, and even though the last one became the most watched television event in history, the last episode of M*A*S*H* will always be better.

The Brier also really suffers from a lack of quality commercials. Where's our Dath Vader-helmet kid, Tim Horton's? Where is he?

Signed,

A dissatisfied customer

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to watch Curling on TSN

Linco, I was wondering about that very thing....

How are the commercials at the Brier?

Do Molson and Kokanee break out new funny ones at the Grey Cup every year?