We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Stevenson Ranch...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Mother daughter trip to Maui. Want to stay in Ka'anapali by Whalers Village due to great location and walking to a lot of things, especially with 2 two teenage girls. Was focusing on Westin, but really want some space that a condo offers. Any condo's in that area that are walking distance to everything, i.e. beachfront and Whaler's Village adjacent? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
351 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

The Whaler is right next door. I booked Honua Kai just down the beach. Check out chasenrainbows.com or vrbo.com

Taking two 16 yo girls next February myself.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Do check out the Honua Kai, the Westin Villas and Aston Kaanapali Villas...all on the quiter north side of Black Rock but with easy access to Whaler's Village. The Westin Villas and Kaanapali Villas have free shuttles into Whaler's Village. The Whaler is right next to Whaler's Village but you will want to check on the constuction going on there. The Marriott Beach Club is another condo option on Kaanapali Beach.

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Also the Kaanapali Alii. Beautiful condos next to the Westin,,2 properties from Whalers Village. 1500 + sq ft 1 & 2 bdrm condos.

Stevenson Ranch...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Thank you for all the great info. The girls are graduating high school and want to stay where the action is. Are any of these condo's in action packed properties/area's where they could meet lots of people, etc.?

Thank you again! Julie

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Julie all the properties mentioned are either a short walk, shuttle ride or drive from Whaler's Village which is the "hub" of what passes for "action" on Maui! here's a little map..not to scale, that should give you some perspective www.kaanapaliresort.com/About/resortMap.aspx

The Honua Kai is just off the map, to the north, of the Westin Villas...my kids normally do their morning run from the Honua Kai to Black Rock and back. It would be about a 25-30 minute walk to Whaler's Village. Read the reviews on each property but remember that folks on vacation tend to be very friendly...especially kids!

Stevenson Ranch...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Dear Mamma 0233, Thank you for the info and especially the map, Now I have a clear idea where everything is. I would like to stay on that Kaannapali Beach walk area between Sheraton and Hyatt. So I just need to narrow down a nice condo that is not outrageous in price, but yet accomidating. Somewhere between $250-400 a night. 1 - 2 bedrooms. Thanks again! :)

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

In addition to the above, look also at the Maui Ocean Club,run by Marriott.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

As stated, and with your criteria, look at the Marriott!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

Marriott Beach Club and Ka'anapali Ali'i. Both great locations. Westin Resort by Whaler's -- not good choice. Westin Villas are nice, but not super close to Whaler's Village.

10. Re: Maui - Westin vs. Condo with 2 Mom's & Daughters(17)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2012, 00:18