We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

Hilton, New York
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Topic
Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

We are going to be at KBH beginning July 4th for 10 days - going to rent equipment from Maui Dive Shop for snorkeling (I have to get a prescription mask). I see you can rent them prior to arrival - would you suggest doing this? Do they ever run out?

Thanks

Bamboo - 95 days to departure :-)

Mentor, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
887 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

My father-in-law rents his prescription mask /snorkel the day before we plan to dive/snorkel. We travel during the Christmas holidays, and have not had a problem with Maui Dive Shop running out. I think you would be perfectly fine waiting until you arrive to rent. Maui Dive Shop is great!!! Aloha!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,313 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

I wouldn't rent before arriving. You need to fit the mask MDS has many locations and they stay well stocked. Also Snorkel Bobs carries Rx lense for their mask. They also have many locations on the island.

Snorkel Rx lenses don't need to be accurate like glasses. We always have someone in our group that needs Rx lenses and have never had trouble finding what will work.

Hilton, New York
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

Thanks - sounds like we will be ok renting when we get there - going to rent for the entire week - looks like that would be the most economical.

McKinleyville...
Level Contributor
111 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

You should be just fine renting them when you get there so I wouldn't worry about it :) They always have enough and will fit them to you once you get there!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

I agree that you should wait. The Maui Dive Shop in the new plaza behind the Cannery Mall is HUGE and has a very large rental section. Staff there is very friendly and helpful. They have talked me out of buying more expensive equipment than I really needed and they put a lot of time into helping my wife find a mask that fits her well (and she LOVES it).

Ukiah, Calif
Level Contributor
688 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

I would walk over to the Maui Dive shop at the Whaler's Village and get your gear there. They are amazing at fitting you with the Rx mask perfect for your needs. The prices were reasonable and you don't have to drive there. You will love the KBH. We were hard pressed to leave the resort, it had everything we wanted for a great vacation, both times we went!

7. Re: Snorkel Rental From Maui Dive Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 01:20