We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant On South Side

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Best Restaurant On South Side

Dear Friends!!

Which is the best restaurant on South Side of Maui with great entertainment on Thursday night. This will be for our wedding day.

Someone recommended me Seawatch and Five Palms restaurant. How good are they?

We like spicy food with local flavours.

Thanks

Ajay

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

Seawatch is OK, not the best but nice. The dining room is spacious and the food is generally good. I can't think of a particular menu item that us exceptional, but I do enjoy breakfast here. Five Palms is great for happy hour pupus and the sunset special. The dining room has sort of a dated feel to it, the waitstaff turns over very frequently and the food is just ok. There is no enntertainment at either. Not much spicy or local flavor here.

Thursday is Wailea nights at Mulligans, if you are looking for entertainment. I much prefer Mulligan's food to either Seawatch or Five Palms, to be honest.

How many people and what kind of budget do you have?

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

kaiwahine

Thanks for a qucik reply. We will be max 4 people in our group.

I will check out the Mulligans if they have website.

Thanks

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

kaiwahine

Mulligans dinner seating start @ 5 PM. I will budy with photo shoot for wedding till 7 PM.

I tried the following:

Spago @ FS - Closed for reservation

Seawatch - Closded for Pvt Dinner

Five Palms - Outdated per your advise

Is there any other place???

Thanks

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

With only four and being a wedding, my obvious answer would be Capicshe? It is, in my opinion, the most romantic restaurant on the island, very intimate with only 9 tables, all lanai seating. No entertainment, but the food is consistantly amazing.

You also mught want to check out Ferarro's at the Four Seasons.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

BTW, not sure where the photo shoot will be but Wailea Nights begins at 7:30. You can have dinner served during or after the show. I've done both. Eating at 5 is way too early for this show.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

Despite what the Maui Revelaed book says, Sarrentos was very disappointing. Awesome view, but food was not very good. MR says this is the best restaurant in Maui--although the newer version of the book admits that the quality is slipping.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

I have never had great meal at Sarento's. Everything is either too salty or bland, neither of which really screams amazing Italian to me.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

Here is my dining chart selection for Kihei

Mon (Arrival Day) - Da Kitchen or Stellas

Tue - OLL in Lahania

Wed - Roy's in Kihei

Thur - Spago @ Four Season

Fri - Dinner Cruise (Not booked Yet)

Sat - Stella's or anyother

Sun - Mama's Fish House

Mon (Before Flight Back Home) - Stella's or anyother.

Friends look at this chart and let me know what do you think. I am looking at more dining options in S Kihei and Wailea area.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

I took kaiwahine's advice and went to Capiche on our last night. I thought it was fantastic, by far our best meal on the island. Had gone to Chez Paul a few days before which is really good as well. The view is great, food is great, and it is very intimate. Not many people give a good review of this place because apparently you lose the view after sunset. But the sunset from there was amazing. Make sure to get a table before sunset with a reservation.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurant On South Side

Ajay-why dont you try some of the restaurants in Lahaina? I had a good experience at pacifi'o and david paul's.