We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals

Vancouver...
8 posts
Save Topic
Car Rentals

Staying in Maui in July and want to rent a car to see the sightss. Are they all pretty much the same or are there some to steer clear of?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals

Take a look at this site http://discounthawaiicarrental.com/ We have had great luck with them. Get your car rented soon...you are coming at a busy time!

Fremont, California
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals

I will suggest -- Go ahead and book rental car on any of the sites such as, discounthawaiicarrental.com or on priceline.com. And cancel booking and rebook car again if you find better deal later on.

I did the same and have smile on face as I saved $200/- on rental car :-)

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals

If you are going to use Priceline you are committed if you bid and win, no change your Credit card is charged immediately. Check out COstco they have good rates..

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals

You can not rebook with priceline...you are charged immediately. You can rebook with the other sites if prices go down. No charge until you pick up the car.

Fremont, California
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rentals

That's not true!

Try now and you will see you can make booking with priceline w/o providing ur CC detail. And same bookign you can be modify or cancel.

I did that twice - very SURE!

Edited: 30 April 2011, 06:26
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
214 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rentals

I think mamma0233 is referring to the bidding portion of Priceline (name your own price) and shark076 is talking about the normal booking portion of Priceline similar to Orbitz, Expedia, etc.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rentals

Mamma0233, can you explain to me how the website you give works? Is it a specific rental company or a company that provides cheap rates at the common rental car companies?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rentals

yes I was refering to the bidding portion of priceline. The site I linked cuts deals with all the major agencies on the islands so when you rent from them you will get your car from Alamo, Avis, Enerprise etc. We've had great luck with them and second driver is free.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rentals

Thanks for the information!

10. Re: Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:17