We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

I'm here with a first time visitor. Would like to take her to Lahaina Sat AM. Where's a good place for breakfast, preferably with a view of the harbor? Last time I had breakfast at Cheeseburgers in Paradise...not all that good.

United States
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Sea house and gazebo are frequently mentioned on this site but they're further north than lahaina

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

I'd drive an extra 10 minutes and go to the Seahouse or Gazebo in Napili or even up to Kapalua to the Plantation House. Beautiful drive then head back down to "do" Lahaina.

If you really want to stay in Lahaina there is always the Pioneer Inn by the Banyan Tree...views are mostly of boats in the marina.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,288 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

What else do you have planned for the day? If you want to shop in Lahaina - which I strongly believe is best done in the morning before it gets too hot - have breakfast at Moose McGilloughcuddy's first. The view is of Front Street, not the water.

If you are just hanging around and taking your time - another vote for Sea House at Napili Kai.

Saratoga, CA
Level Contributor
651 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Most of the better "breakfast with a view" options are found a little north of Lahaina.

Duke's at the Honua Kai also serves a nice open air breakfast and has a great view. I'd also vote for the Seahouse in Napili or the Plantation House in Kapalua. The Gazebo in Napili is also a good choice, but it can be a long wait to get in and while it does offer a view, it's more about the food than the atmosphere.

Edited: 13 May 2011, 18:33
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

The Pioneer Inn has a busy view. Lots of action and a peek a boo

view of the water.

Some Saturdays there are gift and craft fairs under the Banyan

Tree.

At 505 Front Street is the oceanfront restaurant Bettys.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Aloha,

Pioneer Inn is fun and well priced, good food. Castaway's Cafe does good breakfasts, too. I love Plantation House!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Pioneer Inn macadamia nut pancakes.........

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Does Longhi's do breakfast? I know they have an upper floor -- can't remember the view though -- maybe it's no view now, like Longhi's in Shops At Wailea.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,288 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

It's been a while since I've done breakfast at Longhi's in Lahaina. I wasn't impressed 1) they were out of alot of items - so the menu was small 2) the seating was "ice cream parlor" chairs and tables. Very uncomfortable. I'd be willing to try them in another location.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast in Lahaina; Served with View

Ah, the famous chairs at Longhi's which they are so proud of. Trapped in an era long, long ago....