Please ignore my mispellings...everytime I go to type some of the names..I have to go look it up!!
So I am sure many of you have seen lots of my threads….Thanks for all the help. I am going to be putting together high level itineraries to get some input (I had to say high level so if I want to come back with a detailed one you won’t say – what the heck you already posted this )
I will put these in each of the specific forums.
So here is my Maui one!!! And just fyi while you are reading here are the hotels.
1 night Kula Lodge
1 night Hotel Wailia
3 nights Westin Kaanapali
1st day arrive 3:45 pm
pick up rental car
- decide to sightsee before check in or go to check in then sight see.
?? – Any suggestions of what to do this night? What to go and see before sunset….(should we go to Halekala for Sunset since we are there and seeing sunrise the next day). any specific suggestions for dinner…..
- check in at Kula Lodge
2nd day/night – full day (night at Hotel Wailiea)
- 3:00am (need to determine time) - Haeleakala Sunrise
- Breakfast at Kula lodge or near there
- Enjoy south Maui
- snorkel Maluaka / find pretty views (deciding on surf lessons here somewhere since we have the day or wait till Kaanapali)
(no plans for night yet – could just relax and have dinner somewhere in south Maui even at our hotel or sunset cruise)
3rd day/night – full day
- 6:00am – Road to Hana – the full loop (north shore to south shore)
(need place to get picnic lunch/snacks)
(thinking of picking up the Gypsy – will look into where)
Check in to Westin
(need to get groceries along the way - suggestions coming from south end...we might leave luggage at the Hotel and stop and get it on the way back)
4th day/night – full day
- Surf lessons (unless we do them in South Maui)
- Old Lahania Luau
(The rest of the day is open – need to decide what to do!)
5th – day/night – full day
- Snorkel trip – looking at full day Lanai trip or just half day trip
(deciding on company – looking at Trilogy and being able to do snuba - struggilng just like others between Lanai, Molokini or just one off Maui.)
- have not considered where the boat goes out at yet – if it will be a long drive or if they go out of where we will be.
Need to decide on what to do after the boat trip -- dinner/shop etc
6th day – Flight to BI at 2:42pm
- check out of hotel early
- Pineapple tour – 9:30 (up near airport kind of)
- Iao Needle (not sure how long this would take)
- return car
Things to do/comments and questions:
- since we had an option to stay at different areas of the island, I tried to keep the activities in that area. Example..staying in Kula since we are going to do the Sunrise at Halekala. And, I would have done the Luau the first night but didn’t want to drive to that area since we are staying in High Country.
-Would like to do a Sunset cruise – could do this out of South Maui on 2nd day – not sure we can do it any other day. (or wait for another island)
-Need to fit in Gazebo (pancakes) - poolside at the Napili Shores condos
Thanks for any help/corrections/suggestions!!!