We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

My husband and I are looking for advice on renting a car when we arrive in Maui in July. We are arriving the 15th until the 24th. We plan on going to Hana and a lot of sightseeing around the island and we are first timers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The airport we are flying into is Kahului Airport.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

I'm fairly certain your Husband posted the exact same thread just a few minutes ago. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k449194…

Here is my response:

You need to reserve your car in advance and you need to do it sooner rather than later (read: now!)

Check http://www.costcotravel.com/ for discounted rates. Another good site is: http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

All the majors are reputable companies: Alamo, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty, Enterprise. Pick the one that has the car you want and is the cheapest.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 21:47
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

Thanks I didnt know he did.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

I agree with Pirates - book as soon as possible. We are going to Maui June 1st, and we booked our convertable way back in December. Since then the rate has almost doubled. Costco has one of the best rates.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
773 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

If the convertible is in your budget, you will think it worth the money for the RTH. You see so much more with no top. Everything is so beautiful, I never imangined I was missing most of it till I drove it with the top down.

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

yes, get a convertible

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

Thanks for all your input. We rented a convertible through the discounthawaii web site that Pirates had recommended. There price was significantly lower. Thanks again.

7. Re: Renting a convertable at Kahului Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 05:40