We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Prices

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Topic
Air Prices

Aloha!!

FINALLY booked my air,,!

For reasons other that prices, I had to wait until today,,,BUT,,,for all you lurkers,,,Hawaiian out of OAK,,,$469,,(for Mon-Thur), $494 for Fri departure.,,both NS with good times. Also found a Delta flight out of SFO (with a stop in LAX inbound,NS outbound) for $471...!!!

And there is still that flight on United/Continental for $554 (SFO).

That's a BIG "WHEW!!!" for me! I wasn't looking forward to upwards of $700. I had booked the rest of my family back in March for $517,,now I beat their price!!

Now I can finally do my happy dance (I'm doing my kitchen hula!), and will post a TA get together plan soon!

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Prices

BTW,,,,sw,,I'll be on island June 17 to 27,,,yea!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Prices

Bravo!!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Prices

Very good! Glad to see that worked out..it's definately been a royal pain doing air this year.

I noted that UAL had dropped prices for about 10 days on some of their LAX flights. They've gone back up again a few hundred.

Now you can relax and enjoy!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,784 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Prices

Aloha,

YEAH!!!!!! Sounds like a Pau Hana gathering in our future! Good price, Deedas.....you are darn good at the game, LOL.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Prices

I agree that airfare was a pain this year. We booked during a Delta sale a couple of weeks ago.

Good to see the west coast people now getting good fares again!

Thanks for posting, the TA "chatter" tipped us to the good fares that we got.

By the way, St. Louis to either Maui or Kauai is now $631 total. USAirways. Early August.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Prices

Good for you! Airfare out of LAX for late Aug or Sept is ridiculous, $772.00 for the times we'd like. Guess I'll play the waiting game - Need LAX-HNL, HNL-LIH, LIH-LAX

3Chihuahuas

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Prices

Just booked my nonstop flight on United from LAX to Maui OGG at $434 for a week trip in October. VERY happy with that price! :) So any west coasters...just a heads up there are some good ones out there right now!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
996 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Prices

I guess it is a game of wait! Airfares from Buffalo have been well over $1,000 and I just snagged airfare for $598!

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Prices

jm,

I know, Summer airfare to OGG was so high for a long time. I was waiting & willing to pay $700 for even a two stop...I got the United Nonstop out of Chicago for $536, $579 w/taxes

Crazy world

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,914 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Prices

ORD-HNL is in the five hundreds for August travel.