We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't know which restaurant??!!

New York
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Don't know which restaurant??!!

I'd like to take my boyfriend out for a surprise dinner one night. He is quite the foodie so I'd like to really impress him with a great pick! I'm stuck between Spago, Humu, Mamma's or Five Palms. A great view would be awesome (which I'm pretty sure all of them besides Mammas has), but most of all I'd like to food to be amazing. Thanks!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

Have you thought of Merrimans' in Kapalua? Of the one's you listed, pick either Spago or Mamma's. The others are ok, but I wouldn't consider them for a "foodie".

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

Where are you staying??

New York
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

In kihei

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

From a foodie, skip ahead to Hailemaile General Store for a foodie's sublime culinary experience. Expensive and an out of the way location, but the food IS the view. You're in Hawaii, have the fish.

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

We had a great dinner at Merriman's in Kapalua last time visiting Maui, sunset was absolutely fantastic.

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

From a foodie, skip ahead to Hailemaile General Store for a foodie's sublime culinary experience. Expensive and an out of the way location, but the food IS the view. You're in Hawaii, have the fish.

PS foodie's on a tight budget like Paia Fish Market.

PSS we'll get into Maui tomorrow afternoon. PFM for lunch, HGS for dinner. YUM!

New York
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

thank you all!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,342 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

I would agree with Hali'imaile General Store or DUO at the Four Seasons. Spago would be my third choice at the Four Seasons behind DUO and Ferraro's.

Mama's isn't even the same category as the above two.

9. Re: Don't know which restaurant??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 06:45