We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trilogy Sunset Sail

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trilogy Sunset Sail

Will be traveling to Maui mid july. Was curious, if we take this cruise and are not renting a jeep, do you just stay on the beach? How do you get to the beach? Are the van tour, and snorkel tour included in their price? Not really in the budget but it gets such great reviews thinking maybe we should make it work. If we go and stay on the beach will we miss the great snorkeling spots? Also, how much should we plan for gratuities as it seems like they have a pretty big crew? Thanks.

Also, what time is sunset?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

Sunset sail is not snorkeling.

Are you talking about the sail to the Island of Lanai? It leaves early morning and gets back mid-to-late afternoon.

If Lanai, yes, the snorkel and van and lunch are included. There may be other options that are not (check their website).

Tip? We tip $20 to the guy who helps you off the catamaran at the end of the sail. It's up to the crew to divide the tips.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
57,562 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

Aloha,

BL...........Trilogy has several different Lana'i trips. One is called the Lana'i Sunset; it leaves at about 10 and gets back around 6 (just at sunset).

Belarus, you will normally snorkel off the boat--and then land, disembark, and then go to Trilogy's "pavilion" nearby. Once there, you can snorkel more, walk the beach, r&R at the Pavilion, take the van tour, whatever. The van tour is free. If you take it, you will spend a little over an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

Trilogy has other "add-ons" available. They include a separate raft trip, scuba, etc.

You might want to look at their weekend trip-it's called the Seafari. It's a little shorter, but includes more of the optional things. Less snorkeling, if that's important.

In summer, the snorkeling off shore on Lana'i can be so-so. If we are in a south swell, it will be pretty bad, but of course, there's no way to predict that!

It's one reason I mentioned the Seafari.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

Yes I did mean to Lana'i. Thank you for the info.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

The Trilogy Lanai trip we did in April did not include snorkeling off the boat, just from the beach so make sure you ask Trilogy what the specific trip includes.

Ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

We just did the Trilogyunset sail - was a wonderful day - left at 10:00 am , saw dolphins on the way, snorkeling was once we were on Laina'i - no extra costs unless you wanted to snuba or take a separate rafting trip. Snorkeling was good when we were there just at the beach. Van tour was included, we decided to stay and beach it, snorkel and hike around included. BBQ was great and yes, tipped on our way off of the boat to one person - some tipped, some did not although the crew was fantastic.

Just Outside...
Level Contributor
58 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

Another question(s) regarding this tour. If you go on the van tour portion of this tour is there a place/ time to buy souvenirs? And if you take the tour, how long do you have on the beach?

Thanks in advance!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

Yes you can buy souvenirs if you take the van tour. Our van stopped at a market that had lots of fun stuff and we also had the option to buy some wine etc... to drink with our meal when we returned to the Trilogy eating area. It seemed like we only had about an hour or so on the beach from the time we got there to the time we had to load up in the vans. DH did the snuba so they made sure to put him in one of the first snuba groups. I myself really LOVED the van tour, the local woman who was our driver/guide was fun and knew so much about the history of the island, I felt like I got more out of the trip because of the van tour.

8. Re: Trilogy Sunset Sail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 06:17