We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion on Lokelani

Calgary
12 posts
Save Topic
Opinion on Lokelani

Aloha.... DH and I have booked Lokelani for our November stay. We have previously stayed in Kehei but wanted to experience a difference side of Maui this time. Our wish list is simple; one br., ocean front, which Lokelani provides, however it does not have AC. We enjoy snorkeling, and I'm not too sure if this location is all that accommodating. Has anyone stayed at Lokelani, and if so, how was the snorkeling and no AC situation?

Thank you for your replies :)

Susie

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,933 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

Here's a view of the complex.

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrlokelani.html

Good snorkel places will be to the north, Kapalua, Napli, Honolua Bay (maybe..depends on weather in Nov)

To the south a few minutes Kahekili Beach.

Have not stayed here but did stay about 1 mile away at the Kahana Falls last month. I usually stay in Kihei but enjoyed my week on the westside.

A/C??You will have west sun hitting you full force in the afternoon. If the trades are blowing that will help to cool you off after sunset.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

We were very uncomfortable at night in a townhome-style unit there years ago -- in February. The MBR (directly under the roof) started getting hot at noon. By bedtime it was still *baking* in there, despite the awning over the BR lanai. I often slept in the 'back' bedroom -- which was cooler, but had street and neighborhood noise. It was clean and has a nice oceanfront view. Small pool off the parking area. No beach.

Calgary
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

Our unit is on the main floor. (the bedroom is in the back )... I wonder if this will make any difference? I'm also hoping the trade winds will help to keep us cool. There are plenty of ceiling fans and floor fans from the pics I have seen. Oh well.....when you're in Maui, you just can't complain :)

Aloha

Susie

Socal
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

Not much beach there. Snorkling is possible under the right conditions but it can be windy and choppy in the afternoons.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,665 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

Aloha,

If you've already booked, i'm not sure any of us can help you. Where else did you look? Is this cancel-able?

If you can cancel, maybe you'd like to give us your budget/night and a closer time frame. We may be able to suggest other places.

It wouldn't be my first choice but again, much depends on your budget & whether you're coming in early Nov. or over Thanksgiving.

Calgary
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

We are coming in late November, and another couple we are travelling with have also booked here. I am not too concerned about having a beach right in front of the condo, I actually prefer to lounge on the grass. This unit is also in our price range right on the ocean. Thanks to all for your replies. We'll take our chances here and let you know the results in a trip report.

Aloha

Susie

7. Re: Opinion on Lokelani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 13:18