We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui - Place to stay for 8

illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Maui - Place to stay for 8

We are looking to rent a home or condo that will support 2 familes (4A, 4C). Does anyone know of something?

Our wish list.

1) Beach Front would be great. We would look at ocean front. Would consider timeshare resort.

2) Sleeps 8. 2bdm/loft or 3 bdm+

3) Beach resort would be great as one family likes pool and other beach. (negotiable)

4) Priced reasonable. (up to 500/night).

5) If on beach, needs to be swimmable (for kids).

6) Kaanapali, Lahaina or South Kihei to Wailea areas.

I have read the blue book and checked websites and seem to have a hard time finding private "house" rentals.

Thanks to all for your help!

Grants Pass, OR
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui - Place to stay for 8

I would suggest Papakea Resort. It meets all of your needs. Check the website www.vrbo.com

These are privately owned condos and you can book much cheaper through this website then with Resort Quest.

We have stayed there 4 times and love it.

Good luck, Kathy G

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui - Place to stay for 8

Aloha!

The last response mentioned Papakea. I have stayed there, and the property is family orientated and the grounds are pretty. Units are a bit small, though. You might look into Sands of Kahana as some of their units are 3 bedrooms that sleep 8 people. Down in South Maui you might consider ResortQuest Maui Hill. It is NOT beachfront but they have some nice 3 bedroom units that sleep 8. You might also look at 2 one bedroom condos that are right next to each other. Each family could have their privacy, but you are still at the same resort and right next to each other. That opens up MANY more options for you!

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui - Place to stay for 8

Thanks for the info. We are going in early June 2006.

I am checking them out now.

What about staying around Napili beach?

Also, we have been to Kauai (and plan a week back there this june - after week in Maui) and love the off beat places to stay. We are staying at a house in Moloa'a bay this time.

Are there places in Maui like this?

Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
769 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui - Place to stay for 8

Hi! Do you ever go to vrbo dot com? Might want to check it out--you can find rentals, timeshares, etc... I've found some great hotel deals on greathawaiivacations dot com, too.