We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

This is our first visit to Hawaii -> Maui for 7 nights for our 1st anniversary in last week of August.

I am looking this for luxury, comfort, peaceful and no running kids place. I would like your help in decoding between Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui in Lahaina. I crossed out West Maui as its Kid Magnet.

Thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

Just wanted to be sure that you understood that neither of these resorts is in Lahaina. Lahaina is a town, with few accomodations (but some). Both resorts are in resort area of Ka'anapali - north of Lahaina about 5 miles. The other resorts areas on West Maui are often lumped in with Lahaina... they share a zip code, I believe.

Although the Hyatt is a lovely property, they do cater to families with kids - a kids' pool, kids' club, etc. And the beach in front of the Hyatt is not so good.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

< I crossed out West Maui as its Kid Magnet>

Hyatt and Sheraton are in west Maui.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

I think she meant "Westin."

Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

I meant Westin Maui.

I went by Lahaina as its mentioned in its address, I guess you are right, its in Ka'anapali.

I just checked, looks like I am getting Sheraton and Ritz about the same price.. looks like beack is not close to Ritz and people are saying it might be windy. I was just tempted as I am getting 5* and 4* hotel at the same price :-)

What do you think?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

The Ritz is the Ritz! Comes with bragging rights! Food is very expensive. Lovely area.

Sheraton area is easy walking distance to restaurants and shops.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

August=Ritz! Gorgeous in the summer, and you'll appreciate that breeze...it's hot!

Level Contributor
34,712 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

The Ritz-Carlton is in Kapalua, it is a very beautiful area of Maui! :)

New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

There will be kids in August. I think the Ritz would have the fewest kids and quietest property.

Level Contributor
34,712 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

We were at The Sheraton on a Sat. for lunch and the resort had many, many children there. Kaanapali Beach was very busy that day, much more so than the beaches in Kapalua and Napili Bay. ;)

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt Regency Maui Vs Sheraton Maui

August is prime family travel time so you'll likely find kids almost anywere you go - but some more than others! If it is luxury, peace, and quiet you seek, and the Ritz is within your budget, by all means go for it! Nothing else in Ka'anapali compares. And for those times when you want the life and buzz that the shops and restaurants of Ka'anapali and Lahaina offer, you are an easy 10 minute drive away.