We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest start-up?

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest start-up?

Anyone have an idea when Southwest is going to start flying to Maui, and from which gateways? I hear they are making preparations, but usually such a move is hyped with all manner of advance publicity. I can't find a whisper. You'd think that if they had a firm date, they would be taking reservations.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest start-up?

They don't have a date because it has not been decided. SW is putting themselves in a position to go to Hawai'i by buying the right aircraft, but there has been no decision as of yet.

There have been a few articles in the paper here in Dallas and a few TA threads. Anything you hear is all speculation at this point in time.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest start-up?

The only thing I can tell you for what it's worth, is that on recent flights to Phoenix and Vegas the flight attendants said that Southwest had 3 Hawaiian destinations recently put in thier system whatever that means. I recently talked to one of thier customer service reps who said nothing is confirmed yet so as the above poster mentioned it's all speculation right now. It sure would be nice though as more competition could help keep prices somewhat sane and remember "bags fly free".

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest start-up?

I know a pilot who flys for SW and he says he has heard that is what the plans are....again probably speculation, I doubt the employees know a whole lot more than we do at this point.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
745 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest start-up?

Beat of Hawaii seems to really have their fiinger on the pulse on this subject. Link below. From what I have read on several previous postings there, the best guess at this point is for Feb of 2012 but please, this is still highly speculative.

http://beatofhawaii.com/

5. Re: Southwest start-up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:18