We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Sunset

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
The Best Sunset

Where was your favorite Maui Sunset? Please post, whether is was at a restaurant, at a certain beach, or on the lanai at your hotel. Thanks!

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best Sunset

Watching from just about any beach is my favorite. I love the wave the light plays on the wet sand after a little wave comes in.

It's wonderful from the restaurants in Kaanapali as well because everybody sort of stops for about 5 minutes to watch the sun sink below the horizon.

Walker, Minnesota
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best Sunset

My wife and I were there Aug '06 for our honeymoon and we had dinner in Lahina at Bubba Gump's one night and had a window seat looking over the ocean and had a wonderful sunset.

naples, fl
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best Sunset

Hyatt from our lanai. Top floor, corner room. Sunset glorious, Sunrise the next morning from the other lanai, also beautiful. (got very lucky with the room)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best Sunset

Thanks for the posts! I wish my condo had a lanai, but I don't think it does. Kaanapali beach is walking distance from my condo. I'm happy to read that I can see the sunset from there!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best Sunset

We have to go to the Sheraton oceanfront bar at least once every trip...drinks, pupus, music during the torchlighting and the cliff dive. That's the way to watch a sunset!

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best Sunset

We had lunch at the Sheraton pool bar when we were in Maui, it's a great place! We saw a gorgeous sunset @ the beach @ Honua Kai where we stayed, also. Enjoy your time in paradise! :).

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,617 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best Sunset

Aloha,

You'd posted you were staying at the "Hono Moa".......do you mean the Hono Koa?

If so, you are a couple of miles north of Kaanapali Beach. Closest place to sit and enjoy sunset without driving will prob be Honokawai Park. That's around a half mile from your condo. There are other strips of beach near you though, don't worry.

Since you will be facing due west, sunset anywhere along the coastline from Lahaina all the way to upper Kahana will be great.

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best Sunset

Beautiful from any beach.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Best Sunset

"We had lunch at the Sheraton pool bar when we were in Maui..."

Do I need to reschedule some activities for our trip to the islands this September? What time does the sun set?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Best Sunset

The picture in my avatar was taken off Napili Beach just a few steps from my lanai at the Napili Kai. It was the most vivid colors due mostly to the vog from the Big Island.

Edited: 12 July 2011, 19:48