We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

Just returned from Maui with my DH and 18 year old daughter. We stayed in a beautiful ocean front home, but wanted to experience more beaches. Per the advice of members we visited 3 other beaches.Here is our experiences.

Kaanapali Beach- Everyone HAS to do this beach once! We had to pay for parking, but no big deal. Beautiful sand and water here. Spent the whole day, packed our lunch, rented an umbrella and relaxed. Daughter enjoyed all the activity. Only downfall was that the wind picked up in the late afternoon and sandblasted us! Shopped Whaler's Village in the late afternoon and then ate at the Barefoot Bar for sunset. Good meal, live music, pretty sunset. All in all a great pick!

Kapalua Beach- Went here hoping for something a little quieter and more protected from the winds. We were so pleasantly surprised! My daughter and I drove here ourselves, DH was diving. Easy to find, free parking, lovely setting, restrooms, small waves. In fact, this beach was the only time we felt safe enough to go in the waves. Just gorgeous, there was some shade up on the hill if one needed it. Loved it.

DT Fleming Beach- Once again my daughter and I drove here ourselves. Thanks to forum member directions it was simple to find. Plenty of free parking, very quiet, plenty of room to spread out. Once again, pretty water and sand, lots of shade, restrooms. Not a lot of activity, but we did this beach later in the week after we had done some active days. I actually asked my daughter at one point if she was bored and wanted to go back to one of the other beaches, but she said she was perfectly content here.

So, Thank you to all the member who gave us suggestions. Still more to see next visit. You guys are wonderful!

Mary :)

United States
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

Thanks for sharing!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

3 of my faves! So glad you enjoyed them.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,234 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

Aloha,

Glad you had fun!! Next time you'll have to get to the north end of Kaanapali (past the Sheraton).

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

Maui is all about the beaches. It would likely take you a month or so to enjoy all the lovely beaches but you found a few of the best.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

Thanks for this! Definitely plan to head to Kapalua beach. Sure sounds like the kids will have a blast there! What time of day did you head over to Kapalua Beach?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

With an 18 year old you can imagine that we're not early birds, lol. We would leave our rental house anywhere between 9:00-10:00 am and stay at the beach until 3 or 4. You'll love it. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to attach photos.

7. Re: Beach Report per Trip Advisor advice, July 9-16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 11:15