We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Kahului meal?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Kahului meal?

When we arrive in Maui after about 10 hours of flying, I am presuming we're going to need a quick meal stop before gathering supplies at Costco and driving out to Kaanapali, checking in, unpacking etc. Can anyone suggest a decent place between the airport and Costco to get a quick bite?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,614 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

Costco is so close to the airport, I don't even think there is a place to eat before you get there. We are talking a five minute drive. You would actually have to go past Costco to find something!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,698 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

And the pizza slices and hot dogs are a great deal!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

DH and I went to Costco last night for a "cheap date" hahahaha, they have a great chicken ceasar salad and you can't beat the price ANYWHERE!!!

I think there is a Da Kitchen in Kahului if you are looking for a more local type of meal and I hear the portions are generous so if you share you can save some $$. Since I have not been there I can't give you directions :-( sorry... but like Msfuzz said, you will have to go past Costco for anything.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

That close...who knew? Looks like we might just have a cheap date at Costco's pizza & hot dog stop, unless of course we are tempted by some yummy airport food near the baggage carousel (unlikely, but I live in hope...)

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,816 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

What time does your flight arrive? Will you be on island more than a week? Party of how many? Do you know the condo's fridge/freezer capacity?

We stop at Safeway enroute to the condo to pick up something light for dinner and some supplies for breakfast.The next day I inventory the condo supplies and do a bigger shopping after that. I only shop Costco if we're at the condo for two weeks or more. (We're sure to be over Kahului at some point.)

If you do Safeway or any other market, stop at customer service for a savings card before you shop.

California
Level Contributor
6,816 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

There are so many places on Dairy Rd. (Costco's location) you won't have a problem finding something. They have every fast food place in the world. We always stop at Pinatas for Mexican food.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,898 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

Aloha,

Da Kitchen is nearly across the street from Costco, and is good. Portions are large for most plates, you may want to split one.

There's also a Denny's there in the same little strip area .

Marco's Grill is at Hana Highway and Dairy Road, just before Pinata's.

There's no food down at the ground level at OGG!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

Only food I've ever seen at the carousel was a Starbuck's

Costco hot dog and coke would be my idea.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

Thanks swmarket. I've heard good things about Da Kitchen and am happy to know there's one that I can find easily right after arrival. We will be arriving at 1pm local time but our bodies will think it's three hours later. By the time we get the car, get the bags etc I'm thinking the family will be needing some fuel.

We are definitely going to need the Costco run as the three of us are staying 2 weeks in a condo in Kaanapali and I really don't want to have to drive back for a bulk grocery purchase, or be reliant on Safeway and Foodland for 100% of our stuff. I'm sure we'll be going to one of them during the vacation to top up on perishables.

This will not be the day to hunt out a fabulous Kahului restaurant for a leisurely meal as I know we will be a bit tired and quite eager to get to our resort and settle in. I'm trying to avoid fast food also, but to instead find something reasonably quick and healthy that will be on our driving route.

10. Re: Quick Kahului meal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 15:19