We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short on cash

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Short on cash

Is there a Bank of America atm around Kihei or West Maui? I drove along the whole kihei road and didn't see any.

The plastic does not work all the time on the island, and the kids are requiring huge shave ice everyday, and they are using up my cash fast....help!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,433 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short on cash

You can get cash back at most grocery stores or drug stores with your debit card...no BofA so you have to fork out the fees for the ATM! Hear ya about the shave ice fix!

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short on cash

Safeway is your best bet. Buy some sodie pop and take out $100 cash at the checkout. Darn kids, I tell you. Of course you aren't eating any of that shave ice, are you?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short on cash

Thanks! I am spoiled with BofA atms everywhere on the mainland, haven't paid atm fees in years. Taking cash out at grocery stores is a great idea. I will do just that.

The kids and hubby get their own shave ice with all different flavors, then I just grab a spoon and have shave ice buffet on them. Love it, that's why we need more cash...

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,433 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short on cash

Jul! It's the only way I get shave ice...love the family buffett! When on island I regularly get that extra $20 or $40 when I check out at Safeway or Long's...ya never know!

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short on cash

Even geting charged at ATM's $1- $2.50+ You can take out up to your limit for the same charge. You get killed if you make too many trips. But still less than 1 shave ice.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short on cash

What I usually do is go to Bank of Hawaii - go to teller & use my check card to get a cash advance - I've never been charged any fees. My bank is MN is M&I, so there are none of those in Hawaii. Dianne

7. Re: Short on cash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 08:17